“OUTSTANDING”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jiquilillo
Monty's Beach Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Jiquilillo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This place made it feel like I never left the United States. The staff was basically family. They cooked and cleaned for you. They had a night guard and amazing dogs that would look out for you. There wasn't one point where anyone wasn't safe. The food was outstanding. I was beyond impressed by the food. When staying at Monty's, we met the head guy, Gerry. He was amazing as well. He wanted us to have fun while there and that's what we did. They had music playing at the bar and it was a really relaxed and fun environment. Would I go back? Without a doubt. The family that I made over there will be a family that I can't see and talk to when I want but is a family that I am happy to have made. After being there for a week, which seemed like a month or two, saying goodbye was really hard because the staff there was just like family.
Another amazing part was that you could walk about 40-50 feet and you would be at the beach. So walking up every morning and hearing the ocean and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean was amazing. Gerry tried to teach me how to surf. He was successful in teaching one of my friends but I guess I'm not meant to be a surfer.
The reason that I was there was because I was part of a organization that was helping to build a school. Staff from Monty's would come out and assist in helping to build this school. That was awesome. Monty's Beach Lodge is doing a lot to help the community. They have the right idea and are taking actions to move their community forward. I advice each and everyone of you to go and take a look at what they are helping to accomplish in the community.

1  Thank monkeyman11205

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The idea of going from America to a 3rd world country can be kind of intimidating.
This hotel absolutely exceded my standards. The staff was so welcoming and the enviornment felt very laid back but there was never a second I didnt feel safe. Jerry, the main man, was so warm hearted and did so much for us.
By the end the staff felt like family. I WILL definitely return. No question about it.

Room Tip: I stayed in 'Cameron' and it was wonderful. Three beds and private bath.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I just returned from our 4th or 5th trip back to Nicaragua and back to Monty's Beach Lodge! We feel like family there now (although they really did make us feel that way on our very first visit!). It is so exciting to see all the amazing work the owners and staff have done to improve the lodge... every time we go there we see all sorts of great new things. It just keeps getting better and better!

People need to realize when they are travelling to remote areas in less developed countries, life will be different. That being said everyone at Monty's has always bent over backwards to be helpful, accommodating and make your stay a good one.

I had to write another review after reading the nasty and slanderous posting by MNZ88 from Kamloops. This woman makes such terrible and defamatory statements after only spending 17 days in Jiquilillo. I'm sorry but no one should be putting any weight in such a nasty review after reading all the great ones posted over and over. Take it from someone who has been going back time and time again, this woman knows nothing about the work, intentions or character of the owners and staff at Monty's!

This trip involved my wife and I spending our 18 year wedding anniversary at Montys and to celebrate we climbed a volcano and then were surprised by the staff who made a special romantic dining table for us up on the yoga deck with flowers and balloons etc! This is actually the second time we have been at Monty's on our wedding anniversary. It is a special place.

Thanks to everyone at Montys. You are doing fantastic work. There are many of us from all around the world who think so and will continue to support your efforts!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jangajungle
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I spent three weeks at Monty's in July of this year and the time flew by. Lots of volunteering going on with great groups from the GIVE organization to let you know there are amazing young people who are doing great things! The atmosphere is very relaxed so that everyone interacts with everyone else allowing me to meet families as well as small groups of travelers. Watching the surfing as the sun goes down (not much a surfer myself) and seeing the local people cooling off with their families in the water made me really feel a part of the community. The food was AMAZING! When it's homemade fish sticks - prepare yourself to have seconds and maybe thirds!
Hopefully, the Women's Cooperative from Padre Ramos will be cooking bread in their solar ovens while you're there because at $1 a piece, it's a delicious way to support development work. It's my fourth time at Monty's and I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel is in a great location! They offer a great environment for fun and have lots of volunteering opportunities also! The food is great and the rooms are beautiful! The staff is extremely friendly and are always willing to help with any problems! This is a place I would definitely come back to!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place is amazing. I traveled from Seattle, Washington, USA all the way to Jiquilillo for a Volunteer trip with the organization GIVE. the Staff was amazing, and always made sure our rooms were clean and everything was prepared. The food was amazing and always was fresh. I would reccomend this Montys Beach Lodge to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It is not often that you visit an establishment in the developing world that is truly in tune with the concepts associated with Sustainable Tourism. I have been working in the volunteer travel industry for nearly 5 years now and have traveled to over 45 countries and have conducted projects in over 8 different countries along the way, it is my life. The reason I mention this is because I can relate to the trials and tribulations that are prevalent in providing any type of foreign aid. Inspiring and supporting "Development" is one of the greatest challenges imaginable, on all fronts, culturally, economically, and emotionally.

Monty's Surf Camp and the people who perpetuate the good works that they conduct have been consistent in generating worthwhile projects that will have, and are having, a profoundly positive effect on the community of Jiquilillo. I have spent a lot of time in this region (I spend a minimum of 4 months of every year there) I have gotten to know the people and have learned of the positive effects from Monty's Surf Camp first hand.

It is very easy to scrutinize and organization or establishment on their particular model of Sustainable Tourism and development. But the fact of the matter is THEY ARE THE PEOPLE DEDICATING THEIR TIME EFFORT AND ENERGY TO SUPPORTING A BETTER LIFE FOR THE PEOPLE IN JIQUILILLO. When travelers who visit Monty's return home, Monty's Surf Camp stays and continues to fight the battle of poverty and plight, while providing those who stay with them a profoundly impactful experience that can be taken home with them to utilize this exposure and experience to further benefit the world.

I love this place and what it stands for.

1  Thank Jake A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jiquilillo
Redwood Beach Resort
#1 of 3 in Chinandega
Cabanas Vistas del Pacifico
Cabanas Vistas del Pacifico
#2 of 3 in Jiquilillo

Been to Monty's Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!