“Great food!”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Me20 6pa
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Five of us had a meal here, all had something different and the food was great. Well looked after by the waiters without them being overly intrusive. Nice place to eat

Reviewed 1 December 2013

AS a result of reading good reviews of the Tandoori Palace, four of us booked a table and visited on a Friday night. Upon entry it became obvious that they had no record of our booking, not that it was a problem as there was plenty of space. Things then carried on in the same vein when our drinks arrived and a flat Diet Coke was served which the waiter was reluctant to replace.

The menu was OK at reasonable prices and the same description could be applied to the food. It was OK. We've had worse and we've had better. The service was the same - OK but nothing great.

Everyone has different expectations I guess, because obviously from other reviews lots of people really rated this restaurant, but for me it was just OK.

1  Thank Vernon H
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My friend and I ate here on Friday night and it was fairy quiet. We were warmly welcomed and shown to a table along the back wall. It was fine, except there are really bright ceiling lights beaming down, which i feel doesn't add to the ambience.
We ordered Tomato and dahl soup,my friend said it was good, I had a King Prawn Puri, which was a lovely fried puri, stuffed with a tasty King Prawn and tomato mixture. I was annoyed that I seem to have only two King Prawns chopped into smaller pieces. My Lamb Rogan Josh was excellent however, packed with tender chunks of lamb and a delicious sauce. My friends's Chicken Dhansak was also plentiful and tender.The Aloo Gobi (potato and cauliflower) was nicely spiced and tender and the Sag Paneer was beautifully creamy and moreish. A mushroom rice and a peshwari nan completed our meal and both were excellent. We were so full we could barely manage another mouthful, but decided to share a mango kulfi, which was lovely, creamy, but refreshing. The service was friendly and attentive and when the food arrived, it was arranged on heaters, which kept everything hot as we ate. We had a really lovely evening and the prices were very good too. All the above, one large glass of red and a bitter lemon for £43.00, a bargain.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We ate here last night as a last minute thing and were we in for a shock! We were welcomed very nicely and it just got better! We have eaten in a lot of Indians around the country and this was by far one of the best! The food was amazing, presentation fantastic and it had a lovely atmosphere. The staff were always on stand by and you never had an empty glass also great value for money! We will certainly be returning!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I don't know how this restaurant has had the ratings it has. I have just had a take away which we were expecting to be good and it was rubbish.
The curries contained no ingredients other than meat and runny sauce. The vindaloo wasn't hot (spicy) the ceylon was just curry powder and the pathia was tasteless.
These were amongst the worst curries we have ever had.

1  Thank Frank6755