I was mostly unimpressed with this hotel, it definitely wasn't what I'd expect for a 4* hotel. The room itself was miles from reception and they didn't even offer to show us to our room when we checked in, we actually got lost and had to turn back around before we found it. The hotel also just smelt old & musty on our walk to our room. The room reminded me of my university halls because of the plastering on the wall & ceiling. The lighting in the room was dim and quite poor (drop something small on the floor and you won't be seeing it again). There was a general lack of amenities e.g. slippers, toothpaste, etc.
Also, make sure you don't book the wrong hotel: there is one also called the copthorne hotel, owned by the same company (the small difference being this is the "London Gatwick, whereas the other is the Effingham Gatwick"). The Effingham one is where we had been intending to stay as a friend's wedding was being held there but we (and a few others) accidentally ended up booking here; this would have been fine given that it's only 10 minutes away from the Effingham one but my general experience of the hotel means I was disappointed.
Finally you may want to get the numbers of a few mini cab services ahead of arriving because they seriously overcharge for what is a 5-10minute journey from Gatwick airport/station to the hotel. If you have the time to wait, get the bus to the hotel instead.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Copthorne
- Copthorne London Gatwick Crawley
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick West Sussex