Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Regency Hotel Gatwick(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$83
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
1,779 results
All reviewslion d'orlibrary barwhite swanhealth clubtaxi servicecar parkinglondon gatwickdays parkingshuttle busbuffet stylestayed here for one nightstandard roomlong haul flightpre flight staypark and flyan overnight staynight's sleep
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Hotel was good, food of a good standard we stop here for one night and had 5 nights parking included when we returned my car had been fouled by Pigeons took me a good 10 minutes to get the screen clear to drive.

DONT PARK UNDER THE TREES ON THE FRONT NEAR RECEPTION

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul F
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We are very sorry your car was soiled by bird droppings and wish to thank you for brnging this matter to our attention. We hope this incident will not deter you from returning to us in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

This was the most enjoyable stay I have had before flying out of Gatwick. It's really handy for the airport yet once inside you could be in the country. It's really oldy worldy & the bar area/ reception is impressive.
I was a bit worried when I booked as I called twice before arriving asking about parking & asking for a room with a view (as we were there for my husbands birthday) & the lady I spoke to both times was rude & unhelpful. I asked to be put through to reservations & the nice chap there offered to upgrade to a club room.
As soon as I arrived, the reception staff were really helpful & friendly & I loved our room. Yes it was like going back in time but for me it added to the character. If u want a modern hotel book a modern hotel!!

We ate in the bar area. The food was enjoyable. My only complaint was dessert arrived 50mins after we ordered by which time appetite had passed. We got a refund although think we annoyed the manger for sending it back.

All in all I enjoyed our stay & loved the hotel as a stop over. I could even have stayed a couple of days!!

There is a bus to the airport which I think runs every hour altho it costs almost the same for a taxi which was much better going when we wanted. (Taxi was about £10 the bus is £4.50 per person).

You can park on site at the hotel.

Next time we fly out of Gatwick I will defo be checking if there are any offers for this hotel as it would be my first choice out of the 4 I have stayed in at Gatwick!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Pupa29

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and our country house atmosphere. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Best wishes

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Check in was efficient & room was decent. Had several bars/restaurants on site & breakfast was good in morning. Location not far from Gatwick, just off main road. Parking was £5 but for £50 for the room, thought was hood value.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Amberleyadrian

Thank you very much for your recent review. We were very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and found we offered good value for money. Hoping to see you again next time you are travelling from Gatwick.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Having an early flight from Gatwick this was an ideal choice for one night, to save having long day. The car stayed for 3 weeks, tucked safely away in Zone E. Pleasant check in, quiet comfy room, and, I think, 3 dining options. We chose The White Swan, which is really just a bar area of the main building, nothing outstanding, just a light bite menu, which suited us.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bojangles381

Thank you very much for your recent review following your stay with us prior to your holiday. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location convenient for the airport. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are travelling from Gatwick.
Kindest regards and best wishes

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed in this hotel a year ago and got a much better room then for my money. Was allocated room 419 on arrival. Make sure you hire a Sherpa to escort you as it seems like the furthest away from reception. The room itself was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable...that's all it had going for it.

The furniture was stained and chipped, carpets worn and in need of replacing. Best bit was the bathroom. My room last year had a nice double bath, marble counter tops, gold taps. This one was a tiny bathroom with such reduced headroom over the bath I couldn't stand up straight having a shower. The sink and pedestal were so unstable they were actually coming away from the wall and I reckon if I had put just that little bit too much weight on it, it would have come away completely along with half the tiles around it.

You may wonder why the cold water reference in the title of my review. Well....the whole hotel seemed to be super heated to such a degree I could have probably fried and egg on a radiator. The huge metal radiator in my room was on full whack when I first arrived. Such was the heat I half expected to see a couple of Swedish men having a sauna in the corner of the room. First thing I did was turn it off....or at least I thought I did. Opened the (very old fashioned) metal windows to let some air through. Half an hour later I realised it was still quite hot in the room...radiator still on full whack. The thermostat was teasing me. Who knew you could have them for decorative purposes only?

Also going back to the bathroom, I got luke warm water coming out of the cold tap. New thing they're trying out?

In conclusion, if you are allocate any room starting with a 4....run! Ok so that’s a bit OTT. Ask for another. I get the impression that the rooms on that side of the hotel are probably the originals and the ones on the other side are slightly newer.

Still, good night’s sleep and it was only somewhere to rest my head. In conclusion this hotel desperately needs to overhaul and remodel its rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We are very sorry the standard of accommodation did not meet your expectations and that your room was very hot. We are pleased to advise you that the rooms in our 400 block are being refurbished with immediate effect including room 419, the room occupied by yourself. Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing stay, we do hope you will consider returning to us in the future.
Kind regards