“overnight stay for a trip abroad”

Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Copthorne
Bridport, England, United Kingdom
“overnight stay for a trip abroad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

well impressed stayed there 3 times, second time we were upgraded because we had been there before.very pleased. we will always stay there when we go on our hols..because we come up from dorset and need a sleep before an early morning flight.staff are very friendly and professional. am well pleased

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Thank you very much for your complimentary review following your recent stay with us prior to your holiday. We were very pleased to read that once again you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We hope you had a most enjoyable holiday and that we may look forward to welcoming you back next time you are flyng from Gatwick.
Kindest regards and Happy New Year
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Polish first
Liphook, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Well worth staying here if you have an early flight the next day from Gatwick. The staff on reception are very friendly and helpful and gave good advice - take anything out of your car that you may need for the night as once your car keys are handed over, the vehicle will be moved to their secure rear car park. The room was a decent size and had all mod cons, but it did get hot through the night - we had to open the window, which wasn't a problem as we didn't have any traffic noise. We had dinner in the bar area, which was reasonable although we did wait quite a while for our food. The only drawback I would say is that at 5am the next morning we were instructed to wait out by the main gate for the shuttle bus - it was cold and wet and there was no cover. As it happened a taxi pulled up so we jumped in that rather than get wetter!!

Room Tip: Ask for one nearer reception - ours was quite a walk away!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the information you have provided for future travellers. We were very sorry you had to wait in the rain for the shuttle bus, it was fortunate a taxi came along. As we have a special arrangement with a local taxi company the taxi charge is very reasonable.
Hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind regards
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

Maybe because of the not-so-good reviews some people have written, I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The bed was clean and big, everything was intact, no broken pieces, cracks or mold. They could've done a better job with the painting, but i'm not picky. My room didn't have a good view, but again, not picky. I was sleeping the whole day to notice anyway. However on my way to my room I saw a large window overlooking a nice looking garden, so that makes up for it. Good place for pictures too. There's no free wifi, and it costs 5 pounds for 24 hours. My room costed 48 pounds, which was supposed to include a breakfast, but the free breakfast code didn't show up in their system, so I added one for 8 pounds extra (if you buy beforehand; otherwise its 13 pounds), and their coffee is simply amazing. The only downside is that the place is like a maze: all their hallways look exactly the same! I got lost going back to my room from the restaurant. Also, ladies, bring conditioner. As for the airport shuttle, their bus route has changed from H5 to G5. I sat there at the bus stop for 30 mins before someone traveling to the same place told me.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your interesting and informative review. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall experience and sincerely hope you will consider returning to us in the future. We are very sorry you had to wait for the bus and are only glad you were directed by a fellow traveller.
Thank you once again for the taking the time to review your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Didn't stay here being local but did reserve a table for Christmas lunch. I have to say the restaurant, service, food and atmosphere where first class, I will be returning in the New Year for another wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Jim_S_Tucker
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your Christmas lunch with us. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your lunch and that you will be returning in the new year. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Kindest regards
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Hotel was good, food of a good standard we stop here for one night and had 5 nights parking included when we returned my car had been fouled by Pigeons took me a good 10 minutes to get the screen clear to drive.

DONT PARK UNDER THE TREES ON THE FRONT NEAR RECEPTION

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul F
Thank you for your recent review. We are very sorry your car was soiled by bird droppings and wish to thank you for brnging this matter to our attention. We hope this incident will not deter you from returning to us in the future.
Kind regards
Newbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

This was the most enjoyable stay I have had before flying out of Gatwick. It's really handy for the airport yet once inside you could be in the country. It's really oldy worldy & the bar area/ reception is impressive.
I was a bit worried when I booked as I called twice before arriving asking about parking & asking for a room with a view (as we were there for my husbands birthday) & the lady I spoke to both times was rude & unhelpful. I asked to be put through to reservations & the nice chap there offered to upgrade to a club room.
As soon as I arrived, the reception staff were really helpful & friendly & I loved our room. Yes it was like going back in time but for me it added to the character. If u want a modern hotel book a modern hotel!!

We ate in the bar area. The food was enjoyable. My only complaint was dessert arrived 50mins after we ordered by which time appetite had passed. We got a refund although think we annoyed the manger for sending it back.

All in all I enjoyed our stay & loved the hotel as a stop over. I could even have stayed a couple of days!!

There is a bus to the airport which I think runs every hour altho it costs almost the same for a taxi which was much better going when we wanted. (Taxi was about £10 the bus is £4.50 per person).

You can park on site at the hotel.

Next time we fly out of Gatwick I will defo be checking if there are any offers for this hotel as it would be my first choice out of the 4 I have stayed in at Gatwick!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Pupa29
Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. We were very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and our country house atmosphere. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Best wishes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Check in was efficient & room was decent. Had several bars/restaurants on site & breakfast was good in morning. Location not far from Gatwick, just off main road. Parking was £5 but for £50 for the room, thought was hood value.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Amberleyadrian
Thank you very much for your recent review. We were very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and found we offered good value for money. Hoping to see you again next time you are travelling from Gatwick.
Kindest regards
Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copthorne
Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Regency Hotel Gatwick
Regency Hotel Gatwick
#24 of 28 in Crawley
Sofitel London Gatwick

Been to Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick? Share your experiences!