We stayed overnight on 7th February to avoid the forecast bad weather.Reception staff were friendly and polite.Our room was very comfortable and good value.However it was extremely cold and eventually a portable radiator was provided,but this is a slow process in heating up..Why could there not be a bit of forethought because there obviously is some sort of problem throughout the hotel.Staff were all very customer friendly and told us that there was some sort of celebration somewhere so they were thin on the ground.Did not seem a problem as there were hardly any customers anyway.We ate in the lounge area with bar type food.Eaten there before no problem.However I guess the chef was at the staff party because we were served the worst meal I can remember.My wife had the chicken pie.When it was served it looked like something a bedsit student would be ashamed of.I have never seen so many peas on one plate.The pie and fries were swamped.The pie could have been nice but was obviously micro waved as the pastry was like rubber.Surely a hotel should have a more sophisticated micro wave ,one that browns and crisps.Should have complained but we just shrugged it off and returned to our now warm room.Very expensive for even a decent bar meal but an insulting robbery for shameful garbage.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Copthorne
- Copthorne London Gatwick Crawley
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick West Sussex