Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Linchens(Copthorne)
1,783 results
All reviewslion d'orlibrary barwhite swanhealth clubtaxi servicecar parkinglondon gatwickdays parkingshuttle busbuffet stylestayed here for one nightstandard roomlong haul flightpre flight staypark and flyan overnight staynight's sleep
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Start your holiday early and keep car safe and easy transfer to and from gatwick .
this was the best stress buster the day before a long haul flight nice safe secure parking . easy transfer to and from gatwick lovely quit rooms nice gardens to walk and relax in fantastick bar and restaurants with excellant vale food and good choice . much cheaper than an airport car if travelling 100 miles + all in all a great start to our holidaY and on our return real easy and quick trip back to get the car

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your review and your really nice comments and for awarding your stay with us 5 STARs. Thank you. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and all went well with your transfers. We hope you had a wonderful trip and are home safe and sound.
With best wishes

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here as part of a stay-park deal, the price was good and the reviews weren't too bad. The reception and parking was straightforward, the hotel looked nice, staff were friendly. Things wen't drastically down hill from here...

The walk from reception to room took about 15 minutes and many of the corridors were closed for refurbishment so it meant carrying bags up and down stairs several times, there was no assistance or lifts to assist. The whole place smelled of acetone which made me feel ill.

The room was very small, looked nothing like the pictures and was filthy, There was, what looked like food that had dried into the textured walls, hair all over the bathroom and cobwebs everywhere. I walked the 15 minutes back to reception to complain but there was a queue out of the door to check in, it appears a large number of people had been duped!

The food was bland and over priced. All in all this was a pretty awful start to a holiday, I'm not sure where the inspectors who gave it a 4 star were shown but it couldn't have been far beyond reception. I would suggest that 2 stars would be far more appropriate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

While we wish to thank you for your review we have requested that your review is withdrawn. You advised you stayed with us a year ago in June 2013 when our rooms were being refurbished. Our refurbishment was completed in December last year. We have never had our rooms described as filthy before. We have exceptionally high cleanliness standards and we also wish to confirm our AA rating was awarded 4 stars last year. We do not have a lift to our upper floor, there is always a staff member to assist with luggage. I sincerely hope other travellers reading your review and our response will understand.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 30 May 2014

On arrival hotel looks nice, nothing like the sterile chain hotels we see these days, set in nice grounds and building is fairly old with new additions over the years. Checked in smoothly and given number for my room (366), told it was ground floor which sounded good, however I must of had the furthest room possible from reception, it was that far i had to count how many steps when returning to reception area later, 250 steps in total, i was placed at the end of an anexe. I was offered at checkin an upgraded room which had recently been decorated for an extra £30 which i declined. Room was compact but appeared clean, had the usual facilities you would expect of a 4 star hotel, iron/ironing board, 24 hour room service, tv, desk area etc, the bathroom was in need of redecoration, the toilet seat was peeling as it was wooden with a film coating, the tiles above the toilet had obviously in the past been cracked and fallen off but had been poorly repaired and looked a bit of a mess. Wifi is charged at £5 for 24 hours. Restaurant prices are expensive as you would expect at a hotel near to Gatwick, a sirloin steak was £31!! although there is a bar/lounge area you can eat a burger and chips for £13. on this occasion I can say that a room at a premier inn would beat the one I had here although you don't get the facilities at a premier that this hotel offers.

Room Tip: Ask for one near to reception otherwise you had better bring your walking boots!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt C

Thank you very much for taking the timet to post your review. We were pleased to read you enjoyed yoru overall experience, however, we can see certain areas of your room were not up to standard and these have been noted. Owing to the nature of our building some rooms are a distance to walk, although this is very similar in other hotels also. We have 227 rooms in total spread between a ground floor and up upper floor, the building is in the shape of an H. We always try to accommodate those guests who need to be close to reception. Thank you once again, very much for your review.
With best wishes

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A nice hotel close to the airport with clean rooms and safe parking for the car. Ideal location for quick transfer into the airport. There is a shuttle bus, but it's only £9 for a cab we so chose that option. There is a nice outside seating area for a drink and the restaurant looked nice, but we went down the road to the Dukes Head as it's our favourite place to eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent review and your nice words, thank you for awarding your stay with us 5 stars. Yes, the taxi fare is very reasonable, we would normally recommend that. The Duke's Head is very nice so hopefully you had a great start to your holiday.
Thank you once again.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel, booked by my company a few times now. The rooms are a good size, they are clean and comfortable. The staff are all helpful. Yesterday I stayed for one night, my room had twin beds, I went back to reception and asked if I could have a double bed, changed in 2 minutes no problem. Last time I ordered room service, the menu is a bit boring so asked if I could have something from one of the restaurants. I was told he needed to check, rung me straight back and lovely food was sent up very quickly from the restaurant. Yesterday I ate in the restaurant, lovely service and food. Holiday Inn and Best Western please take note, you are not a patch on this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the old part, on the 2nd floor, the room I last had was ground floor and overlooked the car park so you needed to keep the curtains shut.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank zarkava
Gatwick8, Guest Relations Manager at Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your complimentary review of our hotel and also for awarding us the top level of 5 stars, that is great, thank you. Yes, the rooms in the old part of the hotel or main building are just like home from home. We are so glad our staff were nice and flexible and able to provide you with food from the restaurant in your room. Customer service is our most important area, all our staff observe this and want to help our guests in whatever way they can.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Thank you once again.