Found a really great value deal via HolidayExtra's for a single night at the Copthorne with a couple of weeks parking for the car whilst we were on holiday flying to and from Gatwick. Hotel is lovely, friendly attentive staff, beautifully appointed room, nice choice of eateries on site, and the gardens were a lovely place to while away the evening before our early morning flight with a few drinks and a light meal.
Hotel partners with a Taxi Service (RoadRunners) which provides a regular shuttle service for a nominal extra cost to and from the airport from 4.15am to midnightish. I'm sure this service is fine. However beware if your return flight is outside these hours. The hotel does provide the number for the taxi firm and on collecting our luggage at about 2am we called and booked a taxi. Unfortunately the call was cut off (dodgy mobile signal) towards the end, but we had provided all our details and been told where to wait so naively assumed the booking was made. 30 minutes later no taxi so called again - OK the booking wasn't complete because the call was cut off - a bit annoying - they could have called back surely? Rebooked.....and still waiting an hour later - absolutely furious having watched a number of empty taxis belonging to the firm sail past empty having dropped people off, ignoring our attempts to flag them down. Four or five increasingly annoyed phone calls later and we eventually got a taxi at about 4am. Not the best way to end the holiday.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Copthorne
- Copthorne London Gatwick Crawley
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick West Sussex