Firstly, I love to stay in hotels that are not the standard Marriot or Sofitel, something with a bit of character. This hotel could be just the choice. But it's not. Set in a lovely old house, nice bar area and food and dining is fine. The fake fire place is a bit of a atmosphere killer, but a little detail.
The real problem are the rooms. They are dated. The beds need to be binned. The decor is from 30 years ago. The plastering of the walls is uneven and unfinished. They have tried to create a old look, but it just hasn't worked.
The bathrooms stink of mould and damp. (mould on the ceiling). There is no extractor fan so the moisture just builds up.
The rooms are a disgrace and I advise no one to stay here, unless your desperate or some one else is paying!
What a real pity, with a bit of time and money this hotel could easily be the best in the Gatwick area. At the moment it's the worst. Missed opportunity.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Copthorne
- Copthorne London Gatwick Crawley
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick West Sussex