The Copthorn is a 10 minute drive from Gatwick Airport. As the title says its a bit of a gamble, I have stayed for numerous single nights and they have vaired depending on the room they have given me.
Some of the rooms are down a rabbit warren of corridors these all tend to be clean however the corridors have a strong stench of cleaning products. They have also put me up in some family rooms, these rooms have tended to be older and dirtier. Finally every now and they you get given a Club room, these rooms are all very nice large and clean although without the air conditioning. The staff are not bad but wouldn't say they are great. the sleep quality has varied depending on the room generally its been very good but the large family rooms have poor old beds.
The nice features of the hotel are the public areas, the bar and the restaurants are all very good and they do dish up some very nice food throughout the day. It is a little pricey but you would expect that for a airport hotel in the South East. They are linked to a fitness first next door that also has an excellent swimming pool free for guests.
Again this hotel is a gamble i don't know the advertised rate but I would say £50-£70 per night would be reasonable.
To conclude. Its not No Frills but its nothing special.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Copthorne
- Copthorne London Gatwick Crawley
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel Crawley
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick West Sussex