“It's the pub for a good pizza!”

and 1 more site!
The Curious Pig in the Parlour
Ranked #3 of 3 Copthorne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stopped off at the Curious Pig on our way home from the airport. Have eaten here in the past but the pizzas had been recommended by various friends so took the opportunity to try one. The pizza is cooked in a proper pizza oven, came to the table piping hot, with loads of topping. And the good news for locals is that they do a take-away! New decor is a great improvement on what was previously The Hedgehog but a bit lacking in atmosphere it being a Tuesday lunchtime. Good service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 April 2014

It was a beautifully sunny spring day, and on a whim my husband and I stayed overnight at this charming hotel. The rooms are named after different breeds of pig and we had asked for a quiet room. The room was well laid out with thoughtful touches and was indeed quiet and comfortable. The sunny afternoon was made for enjoying a drink in the large garden, and in the evening we enjoyed a first class meal in the very busy restaurant. To be honest, service was on the slow side, but the staff was charming and the food was worth waiting for - a steak for my husband and a thin and crispy pizza for me. Breakfast was superb and really set us up for the day. What more can I add - oh yes, we hope to return! Thanks to all the staff we met.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had eaten here previously and enjoyed good food however, tonight I ordered slow cooked beef rib to share with my young daughter. The meat came out on a wooden board and we were brought one plate for my daughter to eat from rather than 2 plates so we could be equal.
the beef rib was in 2 pieces. One was fine but the other was horribly overcooked black and hard. It was so dry I barely get a steak knife in to it and it was pretty much impossible to chew. When the waiter came I asked for a replacement and from the start his attitude was uninterested and stuck up. He treated me as if I should be happy to have been allowed in. He took the meat back and asked me to re-order. I said I wanted the same thing but one that was not so overdone. One of the pieces was fine, didn't they have more that was also OK. He walked off calling across the bar to another member of staff 'you can do that one'. Another member of staff came over and said as the dish took 4 hours to cook it should be expected to be like that, they were all the same. In the end I gave up and ordered soup. We were not charged for the soup but were charged full price for the half inedible beef. I don't think we will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lisa3uk
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the meal and the service. Edd who served us was very welcoming and polite. Food came out quickly and was so good, definitely recommend the pizzas! Wasn't too quiet, nor too busy, so it was just right.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for Valentines Day.
The standard of rooms are lovely and the price for the hotel isn't over the top.
Food was lovely but very expensive as were the drinks at the bar.
Missed breakfast as we weren't told it was included in the price which I put down to the check in staff being rushed as he was also manning the bar so a few more staff in the day probably needed .
Would stay here again for a special occasion but probably not if I was just passing through

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

After a mixup with the booking was nicely handled, we were shown to our first floor room. The room was medium sized, furnished attractively in a shabby chic style.

Amenities were very good. bathrobes, tea/coffee, wifi etc.

Breakfast was lovely and the atmosphere in the restaurant was perfect for relaxing with the Sunday papers.

The room was £20 more than a nearby Premier Inn and was worth it for the service, character and breakfast!.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very happy with the king size room (first floor) and the general feel of the place. Very clean room with character and little touches like proper tea bags and milk tray, very comfy king size bed, Modern bathroom with superb shower. Plenty of parking, great pub downstairs, great.
Had a freshly cooked breakfast in the morning and was a proper full English in a lovely light restaurant. Service was superb too. Visited end of January 2014.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copthorne
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Windfalls Boutique Hotel
Linchens
Linchens
#2 of 3 in Copthorne

Been to The Curious Pig in the Parlour? Share your experiences!