“Stylish, welcoming, and relaxed”

and 1 more site!
The Curious Pig in the Parlour
Ranked #2 of 4 Copthorne B&B and Inns
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Stylish, welcoming, and relaxed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here before my other half flew from gatwick, was an amazing place, and great food..... 100% better than booking a standard hotel....the room was really nicely decorated, had a rustic theme. The beer garden was also great, really good size and comfy. Would recommend to everyone wanting to stay near gatwick for flights, or to just get away, can't praise this place enough!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at the Curious Pig in the Parlour on 22nd April. I booked the hotel last minute for myself and two American colleagues as we were flying in to Gatwick in the evening. Our flight was delayed and the hotel called me as I was picking up my bag to confirm that we were still arriving and also to take our order for food as we would have arrived just after the restaurant would shut, I thought this was great customer service!! the curious pig is 10 minutes from Gatwick and makes a great change from staying in the large hotels next to the runway. We had a great meal and sampled some excellent beer. The rooms are clean, modern with comfortable beds and quality bathrooms, I was great to get somewhere so relaxing after travelling all day. The breakfast in the morning was excellent. I'll certainly be staying at the Curious Pig next time I'm travelling through Gatwick

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Great, Staff, Great Food, Great room. There is nothing I could fault with my stay. The hotel was only 15 minutes from where I choose to park before flying from Gatwick.
The Room was a fair size, very clean and had nice views of the garden. The restaurant had a good choice of food and my evening meal was very good. Good nights sleep and up for a full English very nice Breakfast. The Staff were also very nice and hard working. I will definitely book again as it is really Ideal for stay either before and or after your flights from Gatwick. I have stayed in many hotels in the area for this reason and this being the best by a mile. Will definitely rebook which is best to do early as it is only a small hotel/Pub

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for one night on Easter Saturday and wish we had stayed longer. It's newly renovated tastefully with lovely little pieces of decor that gives it a homely feel. We had a drink in the gorgeous garden out the back in the afternoon, before going in to the pub for dinner in the evening. The staff were all very friendly, nothing seemed to be a problem for them, giving the place a relaxed feel. The food was superb. We had a 3 course meal which was delicious and reasonably priced. The selection on the menu was brilliant too.
The room we had was on the ground floor and was lovely. Got no noise from the pub at all, so we had a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep.
This was all topped off by a lovely breakfast in the morning, cooked to order again with a lovely selection.
I would highly recommend staying here, we will definitely come again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Forest Row, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I would highly recommend The Curious Pig to anyone who wants to relax.

The room was perfectly dressed and it made so comfortable with immaculate linen and the most comfortable bed.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming to everyone. The food was delicious and you can tell that both the front of house and kitchen staff work well as a team.

I may even extend my stay, it was so good.

• Stayed April 2014
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after a days racing at Lingfield on Easter Friday as the curious pig is only 10 mins away. We stayed in the parlour room which was an excellent room with a kingside bed, exceptionally comfortable, and lovely decor. It has little stairs leading to the room which made it feel like your own apartment with a large comfortable day bed/sofa. Lovely touches in the room like illy fresh coffee and white company bathroom products, soft fluffy towels and bathrobes were a great addition.

We had our evening meal and breakfast in the restaurant and on Friday night even though they were fully booked the service was good. The food was delicious I had one of their famous pizzas, one of the best pizzas I've ever had and I've eaten them in Venice and New York! And my husband had steak which came with large chunky chips and a delicious sauce, he asked for it rare and it came rare they weren't scared to cook it as requested as some places do. The restaurant has the same decor as the room and is quirky and stylish with great pictures, oak doors for tables and they give you your bill in an old hard backed book. The wine list is comprehensive and reasonably priced.

Breakfast could not be faulted, cereal, toast from uncut bread which you help yourself to and is in abundance and the cooked breakfast was just what you wanted on the plate no menus just ask for your favourite cooked breakfast items! The sausages were fantastic and it was all served with a huge cafetiere of more illy coffee. Katy one of the staff was extremely attentive and made us feel very welcome.

The only thing that would have made the room perfect for us would have been for the velux windows to have had blackout blinds, they just have regular blinds, which makes it tricky if you want to sleep in as they were quite light in colour but it wasn't a deal breaker for us.

I would suggest the management get up to speed on social media, previous trip advisor reviews shortly before we stayed were not preferable, although we can't see why, but we couldn't see management responding to those bad reviews. Also twitter interaction is poor.

All in all we are definitely going to return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed overnight at the weekend. Lovely clean rooms, very well laid out and even though we had a room at the front we suffered very little noise from the road thanks to secondary glazing. The restaurant and bar was nicely decorated and relaxing, even though it was quite busy. The service was a little slow, but the staff were lovely and friendly. There is a lovely big garden out the back with plenty of seating and had it been a bit warmer we would have made more use of it. The food was very good and the steaks are worth the price. There is plenty of other items to chose from as well.
Would recommend the Curious Pig for a stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copthorne
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
#23 of 28 in Crawley
The Old House Inn
The Old House Inn
#1 of 4 in Copthorne

Been to The Curious Pig in the Parlour? Share your experiences!