“Not bad”

The Curious Pig in the Parlour
Ranked #2 of 3 Copthorne B&B and Inns
“Not bad”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I visited today as I am looking to live in the local area and am checking out the pubs and restaurants whilst here.

The food here is not the quality I expected, nice, but not great for the price. The service was good but I felt the staff were a distracted at points.

The pub is has a lovely outside and in and was very well presented. I will be back, but I'm hoping for more next time.

• Stayed August 2014
Katie P, Manager at The Curious Pig in the Parlour, responded to this review, 14 October 2014

I am sorry to hear that our food was not to your expectation, I would just like to let you know that we have a new menu launching on the 29th October. If you would like to come and try a couple of the new dishes, please do give us a call to book a table.
I do believe you will be more impressed with the food and service this time around.

Kind regards,

Katie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had booked to stay here for one night, however on arriving, we thought maybe an extra night would be good. This was accepted by Dannielle and she gave us a few hours to decide! We accepted the extra night even though it meant changing rooms! Good decision... All of the staff are very friendly and welcoming, knowing what room you were in..... that is not what occurs in larger establishment.
The food is very good, and the menu has something for everyone. Both evening meals we took could not be faulted, loved the sharing meze. House wine can be recommended, we drank plenty just to make sure!!!

Breakfast is so good I don't think we've had better anywhere.

Just go and visit ... you will agree.

Room Tip: Upstairs was quieter than downstairs ( we stayed both ) but all in all very good.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for The Curious Pig.

I am thoroughly pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind regards,

Katie
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed just one night here while visiting some attractions in the area to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary. The staff made us feel very welcome and it was a very personal service. The room was very good (the only place we have stayed recently that provides towelling dressing gowns), the bed was comfortable, the shower was very good and there was a good size TV and tea and coffee making facilities. We ate in the restaurant in the evening (see further review) and had a very good cooked breakfast the next morning.

1 Thank Louise W
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff at The Curious Pig in the Parlour are what sets it apart from other hotels out there.

From check in to chaeck out and everything inbetween they were fast, helpful and always seemed to be in a cheerful mood. The room was quite small but beautifully decorated and very clean.

I had not read great reviews of the food in the restaurant so we went in to Crawley for our evening meal but we did enjoy soaking in some of the very relaxed atmosphere in the bar area when we returned.

In the morning we both had eggs benedict. It was delicious and started us thinking that maybe we should have given the resaurant a chance after all.

Should we need to stay in the area again we would definitely return.

1 Thank Hicksy77
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just spent a night at The Curious Pig and what a good night it was. From initial phone contact and booking through to checking out, we could not fault the staff or the level of service we received.
I arrived on a Saturday afternoon and the atmosphere in the restaurant was buzzing. However, lovely Katie took time to welcome me and check me in and escort me to my room. The food being served smelt wonderful and all of the customers looked very happy and content.
There are lots of little "quirks" around the pub but I won't mention them on here, leaving you to have the fun of finding them out for yourselves.
My partner joined me for a meal in the evening and we both enjoyed some perfectly cooked steak. It was obvious that the quality of the ingredients was top notch but also that the dishes had been prepared and cooked with great attention to detail. This combined with a great bottle of bubbles and really good service from our lovely waitress made a perfect evening.
Our room (Duroc) was spotless and the bed was so, so, so comfortable. We heard the odd plane fly past but hey, what do you expect when you are near to Gatwick?
Our stay at The Pig was rounded off with a lovely full english breakfast that was perfectly cooked and presented and really set us up for the day.
We both enjoyed our stay and wish it could have been longer. Sadly, The Curious Pig is too far away from us for us to become regular visitors but it is just the perfect distance for a weekend away and there are lots of fantastic places to visit in the surrounding area.

1 Thank MrsAngelcake
Kent
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this quirky hotel. Very pleasant staff who all worked very hard. Great décor in both the bar / restaurant areas and the bedrooms. Plenty of seating outside which we were able to use both during the day and in the evening. Breakfast was delicious - well cooked and well presented. Would stay again and this time try their burgers which looked amazing!!

Room Tip: If you are going to Lingfield races - stay here - well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a couple of nights at this pub/ hotel rather than stay in one of the large impersonal corporate hotels nearby. A good choice. Comfortable room. Nothing fancy. Excellent cooked breakfast. Lovely staff. I had two dinners over the days I was there. One was a very expensive steak cooked in their Josper grill. Disappointing. Over seasoned and salad left under the hot plate with the steak. Amateurish mistake. For £24. Second meal was excellent. Service attentive. Will certainly go again. Worth a try.

Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copthorne
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in East Grinstead

Been to The Curious Pig in the Parlour? Share your experiences!