“Birthday party ”
Review of All Things Wild

All Things Wild
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: All Things Wild is an all weather family attraction, with something for everyone! Step through time to discover our exciting Dino Barn, and life sized dinosaur models in the Dino Field. Learn about our amazing animals, including: reptiles, lemurs, meerkats, armadillos, chinchillas, and more! Indoor and outdoor play areas keep children entertained, along with pedal go-karts, bug land, den building, stamp trails, indoor pedal tractors, and our animal encounter sessions! Our on-site café serves hot food and drinks, delicious cakes, and snacks. Entrance fees do not apply to the café. Why not celebrate your birthday with us? Our two hour party sessions include a party host, fun activities, buffet meal, party bags, and entrance to the nature centre for the rest of the day! All Things Wild is a great venue for learning. We offer educational visits for schools, and take group bookings. Please see our website for more details, or contact us via our email address if you have any questions.
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Second year we've had a child's birthday party - excellent venue! So much for the children to do, they loved the animal handling and the go karts. Staff provided a brilliant service. Would highly recommend!!

1  Thank SL2203

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Every time we visit it gets better !
The value for money is outstanding when you compare it to similar attractions.
My son has been to several birthday parties here and they seem to improve each visit. The new dinosaur trail is fantastic, my only complaint would be that for the party there wasn't a host to take the guests round the trail, luckily the child's parents made it super fun but if you wanted to take a back seat and let someone else organise it then you'd be disappointed as the staff leave you to it !
The food is great and the party bags are very generous including a free return pass for every child. We stayed another hour after the party as my son had such a good time.
The soft play is great for younger children but I would say over 6's would get bored after about 10minutes so this is the sort of place that works better for older children when the weather is nice.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Where to take the children (or grand children) when the weather is half-decent (or worse still, when it is not) is a problem facing many parents today. Well, I am able to give readers an option of one of which, until recently, I was not aware.

I confess that the thought of going to the Domestic Wild Fowl Trust did not immediately appeal to me, especially when it costs over £6 for an adult to get in. How many types of chicken are there, I mused in my ignorance. "This had better be good" I thought, so I honestly didn't expect to be using phrases like "value for money" or "a 'must go' attraction for kids" in my Trip Advisor review! But I am going to!

The sheer number of things to see and do here is amazing! There are life-sized fibreglass dinosaur models, pedal go-karts and tractors, a soft play area, two small playgrounds, a sand pit where you can dig for and find 'fossil bones', and many animals in outdoor and indoor natural-type environments - even Llamas. There are snakes and lizards indoors and numerous displays, all adding up to a value-for money experience, and making this a 'must go' attraction for kids from 2 to 72.

The only downside I experienced was the price of things in the restaurant (like 50p for a jug of milk), but to balance this, there was no problem in bringing in your own food and picnicking in a seating area adjacent to one of the children's play areas (and the toilets, which were of an acceptable standard).

All in all, this was a good family-with-young-children experience, as a result of which we stayed much longer than we had originally planned.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a brilliant time on our visit. The children really enjoyed listening to the staff talk about the various animals, petting the ducks, guinea pig fishing, pond dipping, seeing the various breeds of chickens. The Go Karts were a big hit, but parents do need to actually watch their kids on the track. I can't imagine it would be cost effective to have a member of staff policing the track - it's down to old fashioned parenting I'm afraid! There are both indoor and outdoor play areas, and everything was very tidy when we visited. The dinosaurs were very cool and the stamp trail fun.
Food was very reasonably price, sadly the kitchen closes for hot meals at about 3, so no quick dinner on the way out to save you from cooking at home. The children really went all out on the day and were exhausted at the end of our visit. It was good clean fun for all.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I took my 4 year old daughter and nearly 2 year old son here today for the first time, and we all had a fantastic day. I wasn't expecting there to be so much to do - we couldn't finish everything in one day, so will gladly be going back in the near future!

My dinosaur mad daughter was delighted by the huge model dinosaurs in particular! There were animal encounters with ducklings, chicks, and even snakes and other reptiles. Having stamps to find around the grounds was a great way to keep young ones moving on the the next thing. The whole place seems to have been planned so carefully, right down to having free jugs of squash available for the children.

The cafe was very reasonably priced, and had friendly helpful staff.

For anyone looking for an interesting, family friendly day out, you have to come here.

1  Thank LTacey