All reviews new owners lovely old building cooked breakfast lovely hotel stained glass steak big room firth of clyde varied menu fish and chips a bit tired cullen skink couple of weeks salmon hotel bar enjoyable stay original features
Reviewed 2 July 2011

A delightful Hotel. Very comfortable, friendly staff and very good food at very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank trips1Sevenoaks
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed 2 nights for our wedding anniversary and we received a wonderful welcome and loved everything about this hotel. The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. The food was the best I have had in a long while and would loved to have tried everything on the menu.
We highly recommend this hotel and please ignore any negative reviews you may read.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dibbymom
Reviewed 25 May 2011

excellent stay, great food, lovely victorian surroundings but modern plumbing, staff were excellent. We will return!
Room 2 was great.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gordonSwindon
Reviewed 31 March 2011

A very friendly hotel with fantastic views over the adjacent estuary with its busy commercial shipping ( and occasional nuclear submarine!). The food was all home cooked and how they got so much steak into my steak pie is still a mystery! Add to this the fact that the Hotel is a regional CAMRA winner, which meant some serious testing of a couple of local ales, and you get a fantastic place to stay. The room was huge, warm and spotless. I would strongly recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Turbinetraveller
Reviewed 26 November 2010

So the saying goes, "If we do wrong, tell us, if we do right, tell everyone", so it is with great pleasure that I share my experience at the Kilcreggan Hotel!
The hotel is a lovely old and characterful stone building, which has thankfully retained many of it's original features. The decor is magnificent - I could have spent hours just looking at all the pictures of tall ships on the walls. This was further complemented by the Chrismas decorations - someone had obviously spent a great deal of time and effort and the overall effect was wonderful. The place simply oozes charm by the bucketload!
It's always nice to be handed a proper key to a room instead of a piece of corporate plastic, however the homely touches didn't stop there. My room was warm, cosy and clean with a superb view out over the water, with the most comfortable bed I've slept in this year, hotel or home. Good to just lie on in the dark too, watching the ships pass!
The food was delicious - it happened to be curry night which was excellent value ; the price even included a pint! The following morning I was first down for a splendid full breakfast, freshly cooked using quality ingredients. Even the toast was hot, a first in any hotel I've stayed in, certainly this year at least.
To cap it all, the staff were friendly yet courteous and I got the impression that nothing would be too much trouble.
My stay was all too brief, but I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. In fact I'm going to vote it my Hotel of the Year. Well done all and thank you!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business