All reviews new owners lovely old building cooked breakfast lovely hotel stained glass steak big room firth of clyde varied menu fish and chips a bit tired cullen skink couple of weeks salmon hotel bar enjoyable stay original features
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We live in easy travelling distance, therefore not used the ‘Hotel’ but have been shown around, the rooms and the facilities - second to none - would, and have recommended the hotel to friends, both in the UK and from overseas.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
KilcregganHotel, General Manager at Kilcreggan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We had a nice time at the Kilcreggan hotel. Its very characterful but I've got to say the Management photo's are a bit misleading as its definitely a lot more run down than the pictures lead you to believe. Probably my main gripe is that I booked a deluxe room and this led to my expectations being very high. It was a nice room with a view but not under any circumstances could it be labelled deluxe. The breakfast was excellent with a very good selection of hot food. Evening meal was ok - limited selection - traditional pub grub. The village of Kilgreggan is very nice but it took us all of about 2 hours to look around and visit places of interest. So that's why I've came up with the title "killing time at Kilcreggan" as by the afternoon we were twiddling our thumbs.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited for a meal tonight and would highly recommend it!!! The girls were all fab, music was amazing thanks to the live band, as was the whole atmosphere! Thank you to Sharon as she really made our visit fun and special !! Xx

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
KilcregganHotel, General Manager at Kilcreggan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you, we are so glad you had a nice time :)

Reviewed 23 October 2017

stayed here for one night with my wife as a last minute booking, got here to find a lovely hotel full of character and charm. room was a little dated but very clean and spacious, the bed was really comfy , large bathroom with a very large iron bath tub, and shower, we both really enjoyed our meal in the restaurant and at breakfast time all staff were on the ball, hats off to them.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
KilcregganHotel, General Manager at Kilcreggan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Thank you, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the character of our little hotel. Hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

When we arrived there was a bit of an issue with the internet connection so we couldn't check in. The receptionist was good though and while we went for lunch she managed to sort it all and brought our room key to our table. We had an excellent lunch and we were able to charge it to the room even although we hadn't registered a card. This is a fairly old hotel and could probably do with some refurbishment but it's traditional and has lots of character. Our room was on the 2nd floor and had a fantastic view over the water. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spotless and actually very modern. There were the usual toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities. The TV on the wall has the usual Freeview channels and my only criticism really is that the TV is far too small for the size of the room.

We had dinner in the hotel - like lunch the food was absolutely excellent - great value, well prepared and a bit special - so credit to the chef. Breakfast is waitress service, and again, the food was really good.

I'd have to say the hotel is excellent - let down a bit by the location in so far as there is nothing to do in Kilcreggan at all - no shops, no pubs I could find - other than the hotel bar - which again was pretty good. If you like water sports I guess this is ideal - otherwise you need to drive miles to find anything else!

That said - I'd also have to say that the staff were really good in the hotel - they made you feel really welcome, worked very hard, and provided a really first rate service.

1  Thank 123nugget