“Loved my short stay..highly recommend!”
Review of Willowbeck Lodge

Willowbeck Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Scotby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Beautiful house which reminded me of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Wonderful hospitality, friendly owners, beautiful room with fab bathroom and comfy bed. Pristine with care and attention to detail. Quiet and cosy. Best of all terrific food made by Liz with fantastic supper and breakfast which surpassed hotel quality with great. wine. Great value in lovely setting. Will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 July 2011

July 23rd 2011, We stayed whilst visiting relatives and were delighted with our room, breakfast, service etc. The gardens are lovely and the owners do everything in their power to give you an enjoyable stay. Can't wait for the next visit

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My Husband, son and I stayed in Willowbeck Lodge last weekend while looking for accommodation for our son who will be attending the University in Carlisle in September. Everything about Willowbeck Lodge is perfect and we found the welcome, the setting, the accommodation, the people and the breakfasts faultless. John, Liz and their son Andrew were the friendliest and most helpful hosts we have ever met. Willowbeck Lodge is a beautiful house and the accommodation provided for guests is superb. We could not recommend it more highly and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2011

My husband booked the oak room at willowbeck for us to spend our wedding night in and I have to say it was the most beautifulest place I have ever stayed...
From the moment we arrived I was blown away by the beauty of such a tranquil, peaceful home in a fabulous location..
We had a bottle of champagne with the rest of the bridal party whilst getting ready and it was reasonably priced. The room itself was so comfortable and immaculate to say the least, the bed was really comfortable too.
The breakfast choice and quality was astounding, we thoroughly enjoyed it and just sitting overlooking the small lake was lovely.
I cannot commend the owners enough it really was a pleasant stay and I hope to return with my husband sometime soon..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

A very pleasant stay at Willowbeck. We were a little confused on arrival looking for a front door but the entrance was on dining room, the dining room was immediately noted to be light and spacious. We arrived very early so our room wasn't quite ready which was fine, liz made us tea/coffee which was great with nice flapjack pieces. The room was lovely very clean and large. Can't think of anything bad to say at all in a perfect world I would have liked conditioner in the shower alongside the shampoo as I couldn't wash my hair due to forgetting mine. That was my fault not theirs though!
We slept very well and appreciated the bottled water.
Breakfast was very good and clearly a lot of thought goes into the fresh bread jam etc . Shame we didn't have more time to lounge around and relax as we stayed due to the Big Weekend festival but I'm showing my dull side there! The hotel had a famous guest too !!
Happy all round!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We were welcomed by a beautiful peaceful setting, the 'concierge' cat and an open warm family. The lounge has floor to ceiling windows with a wonderful view of the pond, trees and patio. Large delightful couches surround a stone fireplace with the dining area in the front overlooking the view. The upstairs walkway has a couch, books, and shares the outside view of the lounge.
Our room was quite large, wonderfully decorated in warm welcoming colors and furniture. We had french doors that opened to the pond view. Our ensuite was also large, open and airy.
Since we would only be in Carlisle for one night - we wanted a night out - Liz and John helped us to find a restaurant to celebrate my husbands birthday. A good choice was given.
The next morning - a wonderful home made breakfast in the lounge dining room overlooking the pond. Food was delicious. Liz's breads and jams were fantastic.
A quick good bye to the 'concierge' cat and off we went.
I would highly recommend Willowbeck - what a delighful stay

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2011

My husband took me to stay here as part of a surprise trip for my birthday. This was the first night of our break and the best place that we stayed. The evening meal was superb, beautifully cooked and delicious. The surroundings are very comfortable and had a great atmosphere. Our room was very tastefully decorated with a very large modern bathroom and a lovely view from the bedroom. In the morning breakfast was again delicious with a great selection. Staying here was a 5* experience, our hosts were extremely welcoming and had an attention to detail that made us feel really pampered and well looked after. I will definitely come back to stay here again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotby
Crown Wetheral Hotel
#14 of 20 in Carlisle
Hallmark Hotel Carlisle
Hallmark Hotel Carlisle
#16 of 20 in Carlisle

Been to Willowbeck Lodge? Share your experiences!