“Simply unique,welcoming ....”

The Hogs Head Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Awsworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Ab Fab,right from the welcoming arrival everything thing exceeded our expectations,room 12 was very modern and very comfortable and more,breakfast included in price and you can have whatever you want,if it's not on the menu then just ask and they will try to accommodate .Andy,Annette and the team have got it just right,hence why they so successful and the roast dinners are to die for....resident or not you can feel the atmosphere of dedication to service and quality,by all staff.would defiantly stay here again....simply the best in good food and accommodation... ...

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank baronessbrown
There are newer reviews for The Hogs Head Hotel

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I came up here with my best friend at the end of February as I have friends who live up here so we went out over the weekend! Although this is based about a 20 minute drive from the city centre we didn't mind! The people at this hotel and pub are so lovely! They made us feel at home constantly and were always checking up on us. It had such a wonderful family feel to it which is just what we needed! It took us 4 hours to drive up here and was worth it for the weekend we had and the wonderful service we got from this hotel. When we next come here, we will booking this hotel without hesitation! We already cant wait :) x

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alyxox
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Well located for motorway, Nottingham, Ilkeston and Derby, just down the road to Matlock. Good atmosphere in the reception and bar areas, great beer in comfortable surroundings
Great facilities and very friendly staff,comforatble room, I will certainly be back for more.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed a few times and will be back there again. I like the dated bar gives it character. The menu has good selection of reasonably priced tasty food. My room was comfortably and with good furnishings. It's in a nice quiet area with easy access to the motorway.

Room Tip: I prefer upstairs rooms as the ground floor rooms there is no space between the building and cars pa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed at the Hogs Head prior to a meeting in Heanor so very handy location. The hotel is in a quiet location close to the motorway so handy for travellers. The bedrooms are nicely furnished and big enough. It was a little chilly to start with but warmed up by bed time. The bar area is somewhat dated unlike the modern rooms. dinner was average pub food but acceptable, breakfast being better and freshly cooked. The best part was the young lady who served me with drinks, dinner and breakfast again the next morning, very cheerful and efficient at all times. Worst thing...the wifi keeps dropping out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My boyfriend and I were recommended this lovely place by a friend and were certainly not disappointed. It is located down a country road and looks really cosy and warm from the outside. The food is fresh and home cooked and a very reasonable price. We were surprised by the huge portions you receive. It does get pretty busy, with good reason. I have visited a couple of times and took various people with me who have all been very impressed. The only downside, is that that on one occasion they had ran out of chicken and on another occasion they'd ran out of garlic bread (which just happens to be absolutely amazing!). Aside from that the food is delicious and i definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times..so I thought time for a few chosen words. This place is a gem. I have never met such wonderful staff whom absolutely nothing is a problem..bending over backwards is an understatement. The hotel itself is simply charming..the rooms are excellent and the food is just..awesome. i would whole heartedly recommend The Hogs...you will never be dissapointed. Thanks to Andy, Annette, John and Christine for everything.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank marktimson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Awsworth
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Jurys Inn Nottingham
#6 of 48 in Nottingham
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Park Inn by Radisson Nottingham

Been to The Hogs Head Hotel? Share your experiences!