“Amazing B&B lovely friendly family”
Review of Castle Lodge B&B

and 1 more site!
Castle Lodge B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Sennybridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Well I stayed here for 12 days through nov-dec total of 12 days it's an amazing place to stay with Lyndon and Mandy always going out there way to assist wherever possible the rooms were clean and tidy with fresh milk daily 4 poster beds and large TVs in rooms are also new . The exclusive use of a guest living room is awesome and just like you are at home use of kitchen for brews is welcoming and a new smart tv in guest lounge is brilliant. Overall Lyndon and Mandy could not do enough to make my stay more welcoming even when I was leaving for work before my breakfast they would make me a take away breakfast so I did not loose out there is also a large selection of teas coffees and other hot beverages in all rooms for guests. Locally there are pubs cafés and plenty of touristy things to do which Lyndon and Mandy will only be to glad to point out. Occasionally they would come down for a chat and that was always welcoming as there local knowledge is vast. I have already been looking for next booking at this B&B and would deffo recommend this place. And as I said really enjoyed my time here welcoming friendly and lastly for the morning when I was here for breakfast I must say it was exceptional and very well prepared if there was anything I did or didn't want they were only to happy to provide.

Room Tip: Room 1 only has a large wet room where room 2 has a bath aswell
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Mark M

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Large bedrooms, nice lounge, with use of the kitchen if we wanted.
Five or us stayed here, Nice breakfast, with whatever you wanted, full English, cereals two choices of bread, coffee, tea and juice.
Lyndon an Mandy were friendly with very good local knowledge.
Would highly recommend and would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mick C
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

May I comment on the person who wrote that pathetic excuse I a review underneath !!!! Firstly how can you writ a factual review if you never ever physically went in to the B&B !!!! Yes the place is up for sale ....so what that is their personal business and none of anyone else's !!!! That doesn't effect their business !!! If the person had of actually rang the bell at the front door they would have been created by a lovely warm and welcoming family ....the place the place is spotless and family friendly which Is rare these days , the rooms are warm the beds are absolutely wonderful ! Oh and by the way those of you that are unfamiliar with the term B&B ....aka bed and breakfast you will know that is what it's supposed to be they offer a lot more than that for the money if you want 5 star accommodation go stay In a 5 star hotel and pay 5 star prices !!!! Sennybridge has a lot more to offer than meets the eye if you open your eyes and do your research before leaving your home !!! Oh and another thing I must point out the below reviewer thought she was going to turn up to an actual castle lodge hahahaha do your homework love ......it's called castle lodge because there was a castle there just up the road from the castle lodge b&b which is now ruins ....just becoz somewhere is named something doesn't mean it is what is ......if their was a pub called the unicorn I wouldn't expect it to be one !!! Trust me people I've stayed in loads of B&B's and hotels up and down the country while I was on tour with my husbands band we've seen some real dives even some of the 4 to 5 star hotels are much to be desired ! Some people are just far too spoilt ! And don't understand how the actual hotel ratings work!!!! My advise do your home work before leaving your home or making your booking !!!!! I love the place and will be returning with my family over and over again ! :-) the breakfasts are fab as well ! Ever heard of the phrase don't judge a book by its cover ?! That's exactly what I mean with this place it's a hidden treasure :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dawn G
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We booked with booking.com on my blackberry just as we were crossing into wales and was looking forward to our stay in a 4 poster bed on bucket list to do. Approximately an hour later we arrived it had a estate agents for sale sign in the window and a motorhome for sale. The place was in darkness and while it may be up to a persons home standards it was full was not up to the 5 star standard we have come to expect. It looked like a old persons retirement bungalow not a castle lodge like it was called. As no one was in to greet us we cancelled while still there on my blackberry. We are now in dispute because they want cancellations fees for a booking of an hour and because they had to wait in? I have never complained in my life but places like this are the sort that feature on the hotel inspector. I have no reason to make what we saw up and wish we had taken photos but I know what we saw.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dawncarol
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We decided to go to Wales for our Anniversary and was not disappointed in where we spent our time at the Castle lodge. Our hosts were very friendly, very down to earth people, made us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The room was beautiful and had everything we needed for our stay. The location is an excellent position to explore Wales go to "mumbles" in Swansea worth a visit. Would love to return. Thank you again to our hosts who made our stay memorable. Angela & Paul B,ham

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela T
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My time spent here was first class service all round the room that l was in was really nice the b/b owners were very welcoming and friendly to me. The location was a great starting point to explore the area of Sennybridge, l would highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The room, guest lounge - (everything!) was beautiful, lovely evening meal and breakfast. It was amazing for the price (well under-priced in my opinion). We'll definitely be back, thank you very much for a great stay :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WalesBoris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sennybridge
Gliffaes Country House Hotel
Ty Croeso Bed & Breakfast
Ty Croeso Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 3 in Llangattock
Bridge House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Castle Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!