Great holiday, laid in sun every day for two weeks, the only worry being what number sun lotion to put on .From landing at Tenerife airport to sitting in taxi took 25 minutes, then 25 minute transfer. Good start, arrived at reception at midnight, where very friendly and efficient reception manager checked us in, telling us there was a cold buffet laid out for us in restaurant. We went straight to room (C413) great suite with large bath, separate shower etc off bedroom and toilet and washbasin off the lounge area. Free safe (this was larger than most - easy get in ipad, video camera, etc) in wardrobe, large balcony, with access from lounge and bedroom, large fridge to keep the free unlimited bottles of water obtained from reception. Only 3 drawers, one large cupboard and very large wardrobe - we took lots of extra hangers as we knew the drawer space was limited. This was a very quiet room overlooking sea and pool and looking towards La Gomera.
Breakfast was buffet in main restaurant from 8.00 (they did open part of the restaurant at 7.30 for cold buffet - useful for last day or early start) with waiters serving coffee (and cava if required). Excellent breakfast, normal hot foods, bacon, freshly fried eggs, beans, tortilla, freshly cooked pancakes, usual cold meats and cheeses, whole and prepared fruits, yogurts, breads and pastries which were varied every day. Smoothies and juices to drink. We ate breakfast outside every day- lovely. Lunch and dinner we ate usually at the main restaurant. We did try themed restaurant for Italian and Canarian nights, we found you could just walk up without booking. Enjoyed the meals there - smaller and cosier and nice to have a change. Lunches and dinners had great choice of food, savoury and sweet, personal favourites:- huge prawns, salmon, paella, steaks,crepe suzettes. Chocolate fountain was popular with many.
Free pool towels which could be changed as often as you liked, also some washer/dryers in towel exchange area for guests use. (Useful for families). The infinity pool and area is quieter than bottom pool and very relaxing to lounge around. Easy to go to bar and help yourself to hot and cold drinks, beer and wine. The bar staff are more than happy to mix you any drink and will make it as strong as you want!
Felt all the staff were friendly and efficient - great customer service.
There were several very pleasant walks in the area and several people at the hotel went walking/climbing in the mountains behind. Limited shops and bars in Paraiso, although the hotel has 4 in the reception area including a small supermarket and hairdresser. Bus stop 150 metres from reception, buses to Los Cristianos passing Adeje and La Americas - 2 per hour. The hotel also runs a free service 3 times a day to and from La Americas, bookable previous day in reception.
We found this to be an excellent good quality all inclusive hotel and look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa Paraiso * 9-storey main building and villas * On the seafront * 10 km from Costa Adeje * Complimentary hotel bus to Playa de las Americas * 500 m from various shops * 30 km from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TravelUp, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Buena Vista Adeje
- Dunas Paraiso Tenerife
- Dunas Paraiso Hotel Tenerife
- Clubhotel Riu Buena Vista Hotel
- Hotel Dunas Paraiso
- ClubHotel Riu Buena Vista Tenerife/Playa Paraiso