Just back from a weeks long stay from 11/07/2014 to the 18/07/2014. In all honesty we found the hotel to be a bit of a let down for numerous different reasons which should be pointed out. The hotel looks modern and is very clean both inside the hotel and outside at the pool area. The outside pools are both good with a lot of sun loungers however it was extremely busy due to the peak time of year which made it difficult to find one if you weren't out at 8am like the majority to reserve loungers. Staff are helpful and polite and we received good service with any queries or questions we had, However, some bad points have to be addressed.
Firstly, Playa Paraiso can only be described as a DUMP!! Really run down and shabby looking with next to nothing there apart from the odd shop and non appealing looking restaurants. I would definitely not recommend it if your looking for a resort to walk about in. We got taxis to Las Americas and back most evening which cost around 38 euros return. Only 10-15 minutes in a taxi. The public bus just drove past us so we never bothered attempting to get it again.
Our hotel room was clean, big and spacious with a good sized balcony. We found the bed uncomfortable (two single beds pushed together) hard mattress and a couple of small pillows. The main negative point about the room is the extremely loud noises coming from the floor above the majority of nights. Sounded like furniture being dragged and rearranged, what a racket! No ironing board!!
Hotel entertainment is horrendous. Most nights it was the same, a Spanish women signing Karaoke which ended early. Seemed to be plenty of daytime activities during the day around the pool and outside area though.
All the bars close at midnight and you cannot get food anywhere after midnight either, which I found bizarre. Basically by 1am everyone has left the main areas/bar as they have no choice as everything is closing which is boring and restrictive on Holiday! Not everyone wants to go to bed come midnight!! When we checked out we were told that All Inclusive ends at Midday although we had a late flight and our bus for the Airport was not leaving until around 7pm. We were made to pay an additional 30 euros each to use the all inclusive facilities which is ridiculous when you have paid for an all inclusive holiday in the first place.
Food is generally good with a Buffet style main restaurant and a themed restaurant in the evenings which we did not try! Buffet food is more or less the same most nights but there's a large variety so you can easily have something different each night.
Holiday Advisor was excellent and helpful. Booked us a couple of trips no hassle at all - very friendly!
I think people should be aware of these points before booking this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa Paraiso * 9-storey main building and villas * On the seafront * 10 km from Costa Adeje * Complimentary hotel bus to Playa de las Americas * 500 m from various shops * 30 km from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Lastminute, Ebookers and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Buena Vista Adeje
- Dunas Paraiso Tenerife
- Dunas Paraiso Hotel Tenerife
- Clubhotel Riu Buena Vista Hotel
- Hotel Dunas Paraiso
- ClubHotel Riu Buena Vista Tenerife/Playa Paraiso