“Staff are wonderful” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Staff are wonderful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff at the hotel are the best I have ever come across, the room was huge with two bathrooms and an amazing sea view. Food is good but I have had better at other Riu properties. Main problem with this hotel is the lack of space round the pool, you have to be up way before 8 in order to get a bed with a brolly and not 1 inch away from the next bed, maybe a suggestion to the hotel is to use some of the grounds down by the other restaurant or maybe close that down as they are constantly trying to get people in and have an adult only area with a small pool and sunbathing on the grassy areas.
Would I return, only if I knew the hotel was not rammed to the rafters!!!

4 Thank Pololo1601

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

just returned on 23/7/14 had to review this hotel as it was so great, staff always polite and friendly. Everywhere was so clean, rooms large and very comfortable. The beds are hard but I asked for a topper for the mattress, and this was done straight away. You do need to be up by 8 if you want a sun bed with an umbrella If you don't mind not having one you take a sun bed from the pile and put it where you want. Food is very good and plenty of it for all tastes. I would return to this hotel again. Don't be put of from negative reviews

Room Tip: we had a twin room
5 Thank Joyce A
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just returned from a week at the Riu, Buena Vista and I am shocked by some of the bad reviews. I am struggling to find fault with anything, we had a lovely relaxing time.

We had paid extra for two rooms with sea views and we were very pleased with spacious, clean family rooms with a lovely large balcony.

I had been advised about the sunbed rules (no towels left before 8 unless you stay with your towels) and was pleased to see the security guard politely folding up and taking away any towels left before that time. Fantastic rule and it made things so much easier!

This was the only hard and fast rule I found at this lovely hotel. Nothing was too much trouble, I felt relaxed and special!

We are a sporty family so the activities during the day (football, tennis and volleyball) were a welcome break from the fabulous pools. There is also a great running route along the coastline with fantastic, dramatic views of the mountains, first thing in the morning.

Great quality coffee machine available all the time, soda and slushes for the children on tap as well as beer and sangria. Prosecco and proper cocktails available at the bar. The relaxed atmosphere of the place makes you feel very welcome. I did not meet a rude staff member, seriously!!

The entertainment was very individual and they work so hard from morning to night! The individuals involved in the team are very talented and I was seriously impressed by some of their acting abilities! All of the activities are purely voluntary so you are not forced to do anything. The singers in the lobby were a bit lame and not really needed, a kids disco there would be a better use of space I thought. The shows need to be seen to be believed! Hilarious, and made my evenings!

Thank you to Ryan for making my boys have a great football holiday.

The food was of a good quality, fresh and hot, bit samey but we got over that, plenty of salads, meat, pizza, chips, cheeses. Local dishes too. Themed Restaurant was a welcome change. Good service in the restaurants, very genuinely friendly!

The surrounding area is right on the coast and is rocky and dramatic. The hotel is in a safe, quiet area so if you are looking for a rowdy time, this place is probably not for you. The bars and clubs are only a short taxi ride away.

Our family are pretty fussy travellers with different requirements but I can safely say this hotel catered for it all. Relaxing if you want, sports if you want, good food and drink on tap with no restrictions and you are made to feel special.

I have been on some all inclusive holidays before and this was easily the best and a proper all inclusive. I only paid out to leave a tip for our room maids and for some wifi for the childten. I was never made to feel as if I needed to spend any more where I have in other places!

Thank you Riu, Buena Vista. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
14 Thank TitchyTeam
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just back from 2 weeks in this hell hole. Booked with Thomson as we have done for over 10 years but this will be the last time. Hotel is average but when busy there is a lack of seating , sun loungers etc. if you are British you receive completely different service and treatment from staff especially reception. We were astounded to be advised that the all inclusive band was to be removed on checkout at 11 am ,we have stayed in Barcelo, H10 and Iberostar hotels and never experienced this treatment and as we had arrived just before midnight did not even have use of facilities or restaurant on first day.The all inclusive issue was raised with the rep and via Thomson 24/7 help line but all we were advised was to check the terms & conditions when you booked, we checked all documentation and it does not mention the band removal at all, some people had bands removed at 11 am and had to survive until pickup at 2200hrs with no use of all inclusive facilities.
Several customers argued their case and the hotel relented and allowed all inclusive bands to be kept , Thomson were a waste of space , the rep was more interested in selling trips than helping with this issue.
This hotel is never a 4* more like a 3* at a push
Well back to Thomson and the terms & conditions issue, if that is the case I will have to get a lawyer to check them over to ensure that they are in order , only then will I be able to sign and book my holiday.
On waiting for the transfer bus the rep advised us that Riu were introducing the all inclusive band removal at checkout time at all their hotels throughout the world, if this is the case I will never stay at this hotel chain again even though I am a loyalty card holder.
The food was ok in the first week and surprise surprise when the English holidays started the standard dropped, in summing up this hotel is located in a very very quiet area with not a lot to do if you want to leave the confides of the hotel, staff attitude towards British customers is poor and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Thomson / First Choice state that they are the home of "All Inclusive" well only till checkout then you can fend for yourself.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Kendo3632
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just back from a weeks long stay from 11/07/2014 to the 18/07/2014. In all honesty we found the hotel to be a bit of a let down for numerous different reasons which should be pointed out. The hotel looks modern and is very clean both inside the hotel and outside at the pool area. The outside pools are both good with a lot of sun loungers however it was extremely busy due to the peak time of year which made it difficult to find one if you weren't out at 8am like the majority to reserve loungers. Staff are helpful and polite and we received good service with any queries or questions we had, However, some bad points have to be addressed.

Firstly, Playa Paraiso can only be described as a DUMP!! Really run down and shabby looking with next to nothing there apart from the odd shop and non appealing looking restaurants. I would definitely not recommend it if your looking for a resort to walk about in. We got taxis to Las Americas and back most evening which cost around 38 euros return. Only 10-15 minutes in a taxi. The public bus just drove past us so we never bothered attempting to get it again.

Our hotel room was clean, big and spacious with a good sized balcony. We found the bed uncomfortable (two single beds pushed together) hard mattress and a couple of small pillows. The main negative point about the room is the extremely loud noises coming from the floor above the majority of nights. Sounded like furniture being dragged and rearranged, what a racket! No ironing board!!

Hotel entertainment is horrendous. Most nights it was the same, a Spanish women signing Karaoke which ended early. Seemed to be plenty of daytime activities during the day around the pool and outside area though.

All the bars close at midnight and you cannot get food anywhere after midnight either, which I found bizarre. Basically by 1am everyone has left the main areas/bar as they have no choice as everything is closing which is boring and restrictive on Holiday! Not everyone wants to go to bed come midnight!! When we checked out we were told that All Inclusive ends at Midday although we had a late flight and our bus for the Airport was not leaving until around 7pm. We were made to pay an additional 30 euros each to use the all inclusive facilities which is ridiculous when you have paid for an all inclusive holiday in the first place.

Food is generally good with a Buffet style main restaurant and a themed restaurant in the evenings which we did not try! Buffet food is more or less the same most nights but there's a large variety so you can easily have something different each night.

Holiday Advisor was excellent and helpful. Booked us a couple of trips no hassle at all - very friendly!

I think people should be aware of these points before booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Not the A Block 4th floor. Very noisy
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kerri M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had a great time here
Great value for money
Employees are great, rooms are great, great balcony, private beach.
The food could vary a bit more, however it is of good quality!
Internet is paid but it has good connections.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't face the pool if you don't like noise. Room that don't face...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Clara D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have just returned home from two great weeks at this hotel.Never have I been to a hotel with such a great atmosphere.The staff are happy, courteous and nothing is too much trouble.I have never seen such happy staff in all areas of the hotel.The food is excellent from breakfast through to the evening meal always hot and well presented.I also have to mention the hard working animation team the shows they put on where fantastic and yet again always happy and smiling.The rooms are fantastic,very spacious and spotless.I will definately go back to this hotel as I cant fault one thing about it and its nice to see staff who are happy in their work.

Room Tip: A good room is A427 with a great seaview
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#26 of 57 in Costa Adeje
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,397 reviews

Been to ClubHotel Riu Buena Vista? Share your experiences!