Normally when visiting family in this area we stay in the Holiday Inn but they were fully booked so I started looking at what else was available and this place came up.
I agree with other comments that the pub is lovely and has a very modern, clean feel. The rooms are presentable and clean. We were staying in one of the rooms above the pub and our bathroom had not been updated it was quite basic and the shower was very poor.
We checked in on a Saturday and were told a wedding function was taking place below us, this maybe would of been nice to know at the point we were booking it. Fortunately in the end this did not affect us (as other reviewers mentioned) as it was nearly over once we returned.
Overall nice setting but I think at £85.00 per night plus an additional £10.00 per person for breakfast is a bit steep for what you get. That said the staff in the pub are very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Navigator Inn sits in a prime position opposite Swanwick Marina on the scenic River Hamble just outside Southampton. The nautical-inspired interior extends into the 23 individually designed modern bedrooms, all equipped with free Wi-Fi, en-suite bathroom, flat-screen TV and tea/coffee facilities. The Navigator's traditional cooked breakfasts will more than whet the appetite as will the pub's hugely popular seasonal lunch and dinner menus carefully created using locally sourced produce. A superb selection of real ales from nearby Upham Brewery are on offer alongside a fine choice of wines and champagnes. The Navigator couldn't be more accessible and is perfect for families, tourists and business travellers. The pub's 'Chart Room' can accommodate 48 seated guests and proves hugely popular for weddings and business meetings. Just a 20-minute drive from Southampton, 15 minutes from Southampton Airport and 2 miles from the M27 motorway, the pub also offers extensive free on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your The Navigator reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spinnaker Hotel Swanwick
- The Navigator Swanwick, Hampshire