“Pleasant but noisy neighbour made it a nightmare”
Review of The Navigator

The Navigator
Ranked #1 of 2 Swanwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I arrived after 9 at night with the intention of getting a good nights sleep. However someone shouting as they ran past my room woke me at about 11. The person in the next room then came in and is still watching his TV at 1.15 which I can hear clearly. Its either on loud or the walls are thin. I should have gone to Premier Inn or Travelodge. Never staying here ever again and you won't either if you have any sense. Traffic on A27 is audible but not as bad as that TV.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Navigator has recently had a new manager and after a few really disappointing meals here in the past we thought we'd give it another try as we are local.
We went for Sunday Lunch,2 courses for £18. Probably the best roast beef I've had and my husbands fish and chips looked fab, generous portions and a lovely selection of veg. Desserts were also yummy. I was assured by the new manager that the drinks prices are being looked into as £8 for a glass of Shiraz is silly.
All in all a great improvement and we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've visited The Navigator on several occasions and it never fails to impress myself and my friends. The high quality of service and food is fantastic. Last week I came with my partner for lunch and I had the Pot of smoked prawns for start and the Sea bass fillet for main, both beautifully presented and tasted delicious. My partner had the soup of the day for starter and the almighty beef burger for main course. Both dishes have left our taste buds tingling and we most definitely will be back.

The staff were also great, such a well mannered and courteous team. Their warm welcoming certainly makes you feel at home.
Oh - And definitely treat yourself to one of their Sunday roasts, Incredible!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank danishbackpacker2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times at lunchtime - just a sandwich - and was very impressed. However, I decided to eat an evening meal and was very disappointed: the food was undercooked, bland and very poor value for money, as was the Shiraz which was pleasant, but turned out to be £8.00 for each 'large' glass.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently visited The Navigator for an evening meal after a particularly bad day. It was a Sunday evening and was quiet but the staff were friendly and welcoming and put myself and my partner in the restaurant without hestiation. The staff were attentive and friendly, and the food was lovely! My partner is a chef and it can be difficult to go somewhere for a meal without criticising the food, but there were no complaints..! I had mussels to start which weren't actually on the menu as a starter but were made up for me as a half portion upon request, followed by the fish of the day which was cooked perfectly. For dessert, my partner and I shared the rice pudding and grilled peaches. The peaches lacked a little depth, but the rice pudding more than made up for them. My partner had rabbit terrine, followed by the braised beef with horseradish dumplings which I of course tried - delicious! I highly reccomend this as the interior, service and food are all excellent. The meal turned my day right around and I would most definitely eat here again. If you are a genuine 'foodie' you will enjoy your meal here guaranteed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1990anon
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with my husband and I must admit having read reviews AFTER booking I was apprehensive to say the least. I was however completely shocked this hotel is refined and stylish the staff could not do enough for us and the hearty dinner and breakfasts we enjoyed were both of restaurant standard.
The only down side to our entire stay was other guests arguing outside during the night. This however did not mar my view of the establishment as people will be people.

I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

As other reviews it could be really good but single rooms are Very small and noisy. Lacking some basics like a lamp. Needs a refresh and some creativity to make use of the space and be comfortable. Bar and restaurant stylish but pricey and limited menu.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Been to The Navigator? Share your experiences!