“Six months on”
Review of The Navigator

The Navigator
Ranked #1 of 2 Swanwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed here when moving to the area about six month ago and were very impressed. Since that time we have enjoyed quite a few pub lunches here, as well as several excellent Sunday lunches.
Obviously our opinion regarding the rooms is now six months old, but we were more than pleased.
More up to date, a simple lunch today with a glass of wine - or two - has the same quality and atmosphere and it's about time we thanked the staff and chef(s). Seriously recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Navigator

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Navigator is a pub near Fareham which has been refurbished under new management. This review is for food only. With bad storms in Hampshire at Christmas 2013 our planned meal at a country house hotel had been cancelled due to power failure. The Nanigator would not have previously been our first choice but offered to fit us in and were helpful and obliging and produced a very good meal with superb local real ales on offer and good service. It would seem that the establishment had improved recently and therefore reviews for food at least will reflect this.

Room Tip: reviewed as restaurant listing only
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have been frequenting the Navigator for a year. To date I can't remember ever having a bad meal.
The staff are excellent (5 star) and the surroundings are comfortable whether or not you are dinning in the restaurant or the bar.
I've never stayed overnight but recently when some friends came down from Leeds. They commented how comfortable the rooms were and again how attentive the staff were.
Anyone looking to hire a function room in this area.....Look no further the service and buffet laid on recently for my sons leaving do was exceptional.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I arrived after 9 at night with the intention of getting a good nights sleep. However someone shouting as they ran past my room woke me at about 11. The person in the next room then came in and is still watching his TV at 1.15 which I can hear clearly. Its either on loud or the walls are thin. I should have gone to Premier Inn or Travelodge. Never staying here ever again and you won't either if you have any sense. Traffic on A27 is audible but not as bad as that TV.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Navigator has recently had a new manager and after a few really disappointing meals here in the past we thought we'd give it another try as we are local.
We went for Sunday Lunch,2 courses for £18. Probably the best roast beef I've had and my husbands fish and chips looked fab, generous portions and a lovely selection of veg. Desserts were also yummy. I was assured by the new manager that the drinks prices are being looked into as £8 for a glass of Shiraz is silly.
All in all a great improvement and we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've visited The Navigator on several occasions and it never fails to impress myself and my friends. The high quality of service and food is fantastic. Last week I came with my partner for lunch and I had the Pot of smoked prawns for start and the Sea bass fillet for main, both beautifully presented and tasted delicious. My partner had the soup of the day for starter and the almighty beef burger for main course. Both dishes have left our taste buds tingling and we most definitely will be back.

The staff were also great, such a well mannered and courteous team. Their warm welcoming certainly makes you feel at home.
Oh - And definitely treat yourself to one of their Sunday roasts, Incredible!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank danishbackpacker2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times at lunchtime - just a sandwich - and was very impressed. However, I decided to eat an evening meal and was very disappointed: the food was undercooked, bland and very poor value for money, as was the Shiraz which was pleasant, but turned out to be £8.00 for each 'large' glass.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanwick
Solent Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
New Place Hotel
New Place Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath

Been to The Navigator? Share your experiences!