Nathan and I decided to get married in January 2014, with such a short time framework, we were not sure how we would achieve this. We wanted an intimate venue, a venue not far from home and one with AMAZING food. How lucky we were to stumble across this place - and stumble we did. I visited a few months before the big day and met with the Events Coordinator - Rachael. Wonderful lady! Top quality.
The function room is big enough for 50 people to eat comfortably, the food offered was a choice (not the set menu type) and the room has its own bar and dance floor. So Rachael was able to provide contacts for the resident DJ, Martin Lavender (def recommend him), supported with the food orders and allowed us use of the outside area.
We decorated the room to our choice, purple homemade bunting, sweet jars and a sweet shop. The rest came from the staff - bright white table cloths, napkins, clean and tidy table decorations - all their touches - perfect. They even ordered round tables just because we asked for them. The room was ours from 7am on the day until 11.30pm when the music stopped.
Pimms on arrival (my choice), but beautifully done. And a lovely congratulations sign out the front for all drivers and our guests to see! We were given a complimentary room for the night with bubbles on ice and a beautiful card!
Have to mention the food - my hat comes off the chef. Not an easy job, catering 50 beautiful meals, all cooked to perfection and out on time. The lamb was by far to die for and would recommend to anyone just visiting the place! They included all those fussy eaters, a few kids and even our baby. The buffet in the evening was by far superb and outstanding from anything I have ever tasted - this was food worthy of a meal, not finger food. Beautiful!
Leading on to the service. Chris (Manager), Nick (Assistant Manager) and Rachael, plus the staff team, were AMAZING. Nick was with us the whole day, constantly just checking in with me - just to make sure that I was alright and telling me to eat! I have no idea whether anything went wrong or any mishaps happened because they ensured that I did not need to. I was a princess for a day and they treated me as such. Let alone that I am a complete control freak! They made me feel safe, secure and comfortable - not an easy task on such a big day as you would imagine. Superb service - we received service that I can only liken to 5* hotels.
Every single guest commented on the superb food, service and friendly nature of the staff.
We stayed the night, as you would imagine, we were shattered, having just declared our whole lives to each other!!! Our room was clean, tidy, beautifully decorated and the bed was amazing! It was a pleasure to take off my shoes and crawl into it at 1.30am!
Low and behold, we were greeted by Nick again at breakfast at 9am - it was like he never went home! Smiling and congratulating us! Breakfast was superb, the usual huge cooked breakfast or pastries, both were delicious! We were of course starving!
Some of our guests stayed the night with us and all commented on the lovely ability to crash out at the venue. It really was perfect!
Would I recommend this place to anyone who wants a small (ish) wedding venue - ABSOLUTELY!!! There was nothing that this place would not do for us - if they were able.
In my opinion, this place is an untapped resource for wedding receptions, a secret hidden gem!
Nathan and I are planning on booking and staying for our anniversary!
Our sincere thanks go to Chris, Nick, Rachael and the Team at the Navigator - Love your work guys! x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Navigator Inn sits in a prime position opposite Swanwick Marina on the scenic River Hamble just outside Southampton. The nautical-inspired interior extends into the 23 individually designed modern bedrooms, all equipped with free Wi-Fi, en-suite bathroom, flat-screen TV and tea/coffee facilities. The Navigator's traditional cooked breakfasts will more than whet the appetite as will the pub's hugely popular seasonal lunch and dinner menus carefully created using locally sourced produce. A superb selection of real ales from nearby Upham Brewery are on offer alongside a fine choice of wines and champagnes. The Navigator couldn't be more accessible and is perfect for families, tourists and business travellers. The pub's 'Chart Room' can accommodate 48 seated guests and proves hugely popular for weddings and business meetings. Just a 20-minute drive from Southampton, 15 minutes from Southampton Airport and 2 miles from the M27 motorway, the pub also offers extensive free on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Navigator reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spinnaker Hotel Swanwick
- The Navigator Swanwick, Hampshire