Dundee Resort & Golf Club
Aberdeen Motel(Whycocomagh)
Fair Isle Motel(Whycocomagh)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursepaddle boatsbras d'or lakesgolf packagebeautiful viewroom was largelive musicnearest townus feel at homenew ownerslobsterview of the waterinside poolcabot trailcartshapechallenge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just got back from a lovely trip to Cape Breton where we stayed one night at the Dundee Resort. Shared cabin 39 with my sister and husband. Great view of the lake, cabin was clean and weather was great. We took the bedroom with 2 single beds and I must say the mattresses need replacing. They had bends in the center, were very soft-not a good nights sleep. They probably would have been ok for kids. my sister and husband said the double bed was fine. Had dinner in the restaurant at the Golf course and breakfast in the lodge. Both were very good. I did some laundry and went for breakfast and the maid was nice enough to add more time to my dryer so the clothes would be dry. You can rent kayaks, canoes and paddle boats and the water was nice but there are jellyfish. Watch the deer and horseflies, they are fast and furious. Other than those issues, we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Check the beds before you unpack to make sure they are OK comfort wise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sarmayn88
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the two-bedroom cottages in early June with our two small children and it was pretty bad. The kitchens are absolutely tiny. They have a full-sized fridge, but the sink is mini, and there is only a stovetop (no oven). Knowing about the stovetop, I only brought foods we could cook in a skillet/pot/etc. but unfortunately the frying pans and pots provided were also tiny. We had to cook most of our meals in two rounds as they wouldn't fit in the cookware provided. Also, we were scared to death we were going to electrocute ourselves as the only place to plug in the coffee maker is a powerbar that hangs off the side of the microwave shelf directly above the sink. If you are a big coffee drinker, bring your own (including filters) as they only give you individual serving packets that make maximum two tiny cups of coffee each.
Other Cons...
*The couch had a giant rip/hole in the top
*There were many unfinished/sloppy workmanship areas throughout the cabin including holes by the electrical outlets.
*The BBQ had no tongs/spatulas/etc.
*The plastic chairs on the front deck looked about ten years old and were dirty and full of black build-up. I wouldn't want to sit in them.
*It was cold while we were there and the heat did not do much to heat up the cabin.
*One of the only reasons we stayed there was for the heated indoor pool, but, alas, the heater was broken and they were "waiting on a part" which I believe I've read elsewhere on here. It must take months for parts to get to CB??!!
*The playground was awful! The equipment was very old. Most of it at least 20+years, I'm sure. The one baby swing was missing the belt to strap the baby in so we couldn't even use that. There were also tons of weeds and it just looked really unkempt. I know it was not the official summer season, but they could at least keep things looking tidy.
Pros...
*The bathroom in the cabin was beautiful! They seem to be recently renovated and it had a beautiful bathtub/shower/sink. Very well done.
*The beds were extremely comfortable!
*The housekeeping staff that came each morning were super sweet and friendly.
Do not be fooled by the "Resort" used in naming this place. It's not worth your money! Very, very disappointing :(

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Great food, great service, great golf! Awesome time!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank JASONKAVO
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Everything was great. Especially the staff. My group was booked in on the Dundee all inclusive ($250 plus tax with all golf and meals included for the weekend). Amazing price. The rooms and some of the amenities might be outdated but the course, food and staff are top notch. With prices like this, I wasn't expecting the decor from Trump Plaza.
This is our groups (20 guys) 2nd year booking this deal and we couldn't be happier. We've done the Highlands for 4 years, we've done PEI, Bell Bay etc.., but Dundee has offered us the best deal with the best service thus far (and a gorgeous golf course). Thanks to Shelley, Elaine, Dorothy and all the great staff, see ya next year (a little shout out to Conrad, keep up the great work).

PS. For any golfers out there wondering how the course is, don't. It's in amazing shape (tee to green) with the the most and best breathtaking views on the Island. All the other course in CB couldn't combine to outmatch this course in scenery...and that's saying something. Contact me anytime if you want info on this resort...or any others on the Island.

Room Tip: The cottages tend to have a little more of a social side to them. For more privacy, ask for a more secluded room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank roxylola123
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife attended a family reunion here and had a great time!!! We have stayed here numerous times in the past. The resort overlooks the Bras D'or Lakes and is very easily accessed. The resort is well maintained and has a nice restaurant on site as well as an 18 hole golf course. We had the opportunity to attend an open air concert a few years ago featuring Matt Minglewood and had a great time!!! The concert was held on the tennis court on a beautiful summer evening and was enjoyed by all!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple