“We dig it”
Review of Diggerland

Diggerland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diggerland is The Ultimate Adventure Theme Park Experience where children and adults alike can ride, drive and operate REAL diggers, dumpers and other full- size construction machinery. Diggerland is the perfect destination for action, fun and thrill packed family days out. Fun for all ages (subject to height restrictions), Diggerland with its 20 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities is the ideal theme park for small to large groups looking for something exciting and truly unique. Get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy an off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the Dodgems and Go-Karts!
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We took our four grandsons there not knowing what to expect. They loved it, especially the youngest (5) as he could go on most things on his own. We went on a Sunday and as the weather threatened rain, we had the place virtually to ourselves so no queuing and it didn't rain.

It's quite expensive (£20 per person on the day, irrespective of age) but cheaper if you book online, We paid with Tesco vouchers, so good value.

The site consists of JVCs converted to make them safe. For example, the diggers are set in permanent position but you can dig holes. There are others that you can ride around.

We will go again but not at full price.

All reviews
"year olds"
in 10 reviews
"an indoor play area"

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our second visit to Diggerland today for my son and I with a friend. The price was a concern but this can be a whole day attraction. Just.
The kids had a generally great time. Couldn't get them off the spin dizzy. They loved the thrill of driving a JCB and the guy doing the safari was putting on a great show. Thanks to him.
I felt that charging extra for the dodgems was a cheek, especially as that really limited the number of people going on. We brought tokens home rather than go round alone.
Some rides seem to have fairly arbitrary rules on whether a kid can go alone or not. The dodgems being one of the weirder ones. I had to go with a kid (I think to look after them, not them me) but that really limited our options there.
The staff are great and very friendly and attentive. They quickly change jobs to help open up rides so there's rarely much queueing.
I think the place is due a re-vamp though. The overwhelming feeling was one of a slighty down at heel attraction.
Still, all in all I love Diggerland. I've another younger son and I can't wait to take him when he's big enough. Even if I do have to go on the spin dizzy at least once!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Full price for a 2 1/2 year old is ridiculous when they can't use all rides.

Not a place to take young kids.

3  Thank rocketal
Sherene M, Guest Relations Manager at Diggerland, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for your review. Diggerland are sorry to hear that the prices did not meet expectations for you. Our policy, as stated on our Diggerland brochures/leaflets and website says that height restrictions apply and that a child over the height of 90cm's must pay the entry price as the child is able to go on 15 of the 18 rides and drives. Some of these rides/drives must be accompanied by an adult.

Full price for a 2 1/2 year old is ridiculous when they can't use all rides. I don't know of any other attraction in the UK which charges kids full price then says you can't use half the things. Not a place to take young kids.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The kids really enjoyed being able to work and drive real diggers on their own without our assistance, they really enjoyed the indoor soft play, staff are polite and helpful and readily available. It was a weekend but really quiet, we didn't have to wait to ride anything. It is expensive for a family, we had half price vouchers from our local paper meaning it cost £40, as adults we didn't get much out of it but the kids had a brilliant day and continue to rave about it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am a big fan of digger land, I have two children aged 3 and 4. There is so much to do and it will keep your kids and husband entertained for hours!! They have something to meet everyone's needs, staff are extremely friendly and will bend backwards to enhance your day...... you will not leave disappointed. However the only let own is the food area, the staff lack hygiene even though you can see facilities are all in place e.g hand sink with soap...... the staff did not use this.... they smoke while wearing their aprons, touch their hair and mouths(not once did either lady wash their hands) and leave hot food sitting out in high temperature's. So bring your own food and have a lovely picnic, they have plenty of picnic tables outside.