“Pricing structure a bit harsh ! ”
Review of Diggerland

Diggerland
More attraction details
Owner description: Diggerland is the Ultimate adventure park experience where children and adults can drive REAL construction machinery. With over 15 rides and drives there’s something for everyone at Diggerland. For the daredevil in you, take a ride on ‘Spindizzy’, unique to Diggerland; prepare to feel the ultimate adrenaline rush on this world famous attraction. Want to get some real JCB experience? Try out your excavating skills on our giant dirt diggers, or drive a monster JCB 3CX. Or you can relax and take in the views, from 50ft in the air on our ‘Skyshuttle’.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We went here yesterday for the first time and I was impressed on how happy and helpful the staff on the rides were usually wen u go to a theme park so to speak the staff can't even give u the time of day but even the lads there were quite good with my toddler which was a surprise, the rides were good as I was surprised that my 8 year old cud drive a digger and a dump truck which was great and I was on the bob cats too, kids upto 17 can even drive a 4×4 very impressive, but my only gripe is the pricing as my little boy is only 19 month and was just lucky to be under the height restrictions otherwise it wud have been another £20 also I think there shud be pricing for parents who dont go on the rides too

There are newer reviews for Diggerland

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just to clarify this review is based on our experience of the digger racing gift package.

I booked the digger racing as a bit of fun for my other half. We've both done quite a few driving experiences and I bought this imagining his big, daft grin expecting him to get a couple of goes as you do with other experiences. Due to circumstances we had to drag the kids along too, all the way from Leicester, and expected some teenage and pre-teen mardiness.

Neil and his team did an absolutely amazing job, it was a while night's entertainment for the drivers and the spectators. Not only did the drivers have a fantastic racing experience the digger rides were opened up for everyone to have a play. Compared to other experience vouchers these guys really go above and beyond. On the journey home I was already emailing Neil to start planning a stag and hen do!

Some of the reviews mention how expensive the theme park is. To put this into context I recently paid £36 for 3 of us to play 36 holes of crazy golf and that was over and done with in under 2 hours. I would have no qualms in taking my other half and my 11-year-old son back to Diggerland to experience the theme park aspect.

We didn't use the café but it looked clean and serviceable. The toilets were clean and well stocked. All the staff were very polite and helpful, yes there was banter but well placed and appropriate and added to the giggle factor.

If you need to redeem a digger racing experience voucher I'd recommend coming to Durham. It was well worth the drive. If you've read the reviews and not sure if it's right as a visitors attraction then try out dump truck racing with Neil and the gang. If you're not hooked I'd be surprised unless you're really not the petrol/diesel head.

Can't wait to go back. Can I have a hen do every month?

1  Thank SocialMisfit
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Went for a dumper truck racing experience expecting a typical "experience" type thing - done loads before with lots of waiting around, massive groups and limited time. Neil and the staff couldn't have got it better if they tried.... Loads of time on the dumpers, really friendly staff and a chance to go on the other things if we wanted. Really felt like we were there to enjoy ourselves and the team would do anything to help. It was hard to tear ourselves away 2 and a half hours later with plenty of people still racing, digging and having fun. It hit the definition of experience perfectly.

We range from 38 to 11 and we all enjoyed it. Kids can go on almost anything, don't expect red carpets or posh restaurants, do expect dust/mud and huge grins.

1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Having wanted to drive a JCB since a child I was desperate to visit this park - have to say, it did not disappoint.
People have commented on the price being a bit steep, but we'd been to Alton Towers the day before (nearly £50 each) so the £17 for online tickets felt like a real bargain.
We arrived for the park opening, and were the last people to leave. We had two 46 year olds, two 19 year olds and a 7 year old in our party and EVERYONE had a fab time.
We ate at the park restaurant and all agreed it was tasty and good value - it cost under £30 for lunch, drinks and ice creams all round. The staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful, delighted to receive feedback and happy to assist in any way. The park shop is also great value - t shirts for kids from £3.95 and adults from £7.99 and toys at reasonable prices - for example the Lego sets were the same price as Argos etc.
The rides themselves were fabulous - enough variety and machines to ensure no one waited too long for their turn. Again, the staff who worked in the park took the time to chat and ask if we were having fun - thanks especially to Allan, the experience of riding on the Ground Shuttle is one that will remain in my memory, even after the bruises fade!!! Hope you and the grand kids enjoyed your visit North of the Border!
The park itself is well designed - we felt able to allow our 7 year old nephew the freedom to move from ride to ride without panicking about losing sight of him. The staff looked after him so well, he even commented on how kind they were. I loved the family atmosphere of the place - we chatted to loads of people and even indulged in a spot of friendly rivalry with other groups.
If asked would I recommend this park - absolutely! Well worth the money - a visit to the cinema costs over £10 a ticket - for not much more you can enjoy a whole day's worth of fun and excitement here. An ideal place to visit whether your kids are 7 - or 70! Will definitely be back!!!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We took our four grandsons there not knowing what to expect. They loved it, especially the youngest (5) as he could go on most things on his own. We went on a Sunday and as the weather threatened rain, we had the place virtually to ourselves so no queuing and it didn't rain.

It's quite expensive (£20 per person on the day, irrespective of age) but cheaper if you book online, We paid with Tesco vouchers, so good value.

The site consists of JVCs converted to make them safe. For example, the diggers are set in permanent position but you can dig holes. There are others that you can ride around.

We will go again but not at full price.