“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Review of Diggerland

Diggerland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diggerland is The Ultimate Adventure Theme Park Experience where children and adults alike can ride, drive and operate REAL diggers, dumpers and other full- size construction machinery. Diggerland is the perfect destination for action, fun and thrill packed family days out. Fun for all ages (subject to height restrictions), Diggerland with its 20 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities is the ideal theme park for small to large groups looking for something exciting and truly unique. Get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy an off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the Dodgems and Go-Karts!
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We arrived here with a 15% off leaflet and thought it was quite expensive for our family of five! my husband n I with a five year old, four year old and under one. The staff were faultless from beginning to end, so lovely! Looking around I said to my husband that the park was small and we'd get round it in no time. I was quite wrong however as there were so many digger rides n jcbs to go on. The one fault I have is that we paid the same price for our 100cm children as for ourselves and found that we had to accompany them on most things. Think there were four things they could do without us. As we had our baby as well, one child had to wait for me or daddy to go on with them. If you are a single parent with a baby and a five year old your child would be stuck as you can't leave your baby.
I think it should be clear that children who are between 90cm and 1.1m need adults for most of the rides as it's a lot to pay when they don't have the same rights as one a few cm bigger.
Think next year the kids will get a lot more out of it but on the whole it was a good day out.

1  Thank Linsay S

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We all had a great day out at Diggerland. Arrived at 10 and did not leave to 5. Our kids 4, 6 and 11 had a fantastic time driving and digging with a multitude of JCB's. Must say that found all the staff their to be absolutely great, and really wanted you to have a great day out. For us it was a cheap day out by exchanging tesco vouchers in advance for tickets. Would thoroughly recommend for a day out with a difference that will thrill the kids.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went to diggerland today although we enjoyed it
We only went as we were in the area and felt they could of offered discount as upon leaving there was leaflets lying on the counter offering 15% off
Maybe the staff could of been more accomodating/customer friendly

1  Thank Malky67
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We went here yesterday for the first time and I was impressed on how happy and helpful the staff on the rides were usually wen u go to a theme park so to speak the staff can't even give u the time of day but even the lads there were quite good with my toddler which was a surprise, the rides were good as I was surprised that my 8 year old cud drive a digger and a dump truck which was great and I was on the bob cats too, kids upto 17 can even drive a 4×4 very impressive, but my only gripe is the pricing as my little boy is only 19 month and was just lucky to be under the height restrictions otherwise it wud have been another £20 also I think there shud be pricing for parents who dont go on the rides too

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just to clarify this review is based on our experience of the digger racing gift package.

I booked the digger racing as a bit of fun for my other half. We've both done quite a few driving experiences and I bought this imagining his big, daft grin expecting him to get a couple of goes as you do with other experiences. Due to circumstances we had to drag the kids along too, all the way from Leicester, and expected some teenage and pre-teen mardiness.

Neil and his team did an absolutely amazing job, it was a while night's entertainment for the drivers and the spectators. Not only did the drivers have a fantastic racing experience the digger rides were opened up for everyone to have a play. Compared to other experience vouchers these guys really go above and beyond. On the journey home I was already emailing Neil to start planning a stag and hen do!

Some of the reviews mention how expensive the theme park is. To put this into context I recently paid £36 for 3 of us to play 36 holes of crazy golf and that was over and done with in under 2 hours. I would have no qualms in taking my other half and my 11-year-old son back to Diggerland to experience the theme park aspect.

We didn't use the café but it looked clean and serviceable. The toilets were clean and well stocked. All the staff were very polite and helpful, yes there was banter but well placed and appropriate and added to the giggle factor.

If you need to redeem a digger racing experience voucher I'd recommend coming to Durham. It was well worth the drive. If you've read the reviews and not sure if it's right as a visitors attraction then try out dump truck racing with Neil and the gang. If you're not hooked I'd be surprised unless you're really not the petrol/diesel head.

Can't wait to go back. Can I have a hen do every month?

1  Thank SocialMisfit