“Unique, Enjoyable, Expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Armstrong
Surrey, Canada
“Unique, Enjoyable, Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

As tourist traps go, this is a fun, enjoyable (albeit expensive) place to make a stop at. The grounds are loaded with beautiful flowers, statues, settings of all sorts from cowboy to heritage and well trained goats. We have always enjoyed the gouda cheese, sausage and baked goods from here. The area where all the food products are kept is packed full of various statues and fun to look at. Someone knows their marketing! Every display has something unique to draw your eyes there. Many picture taking moments. The gift shop is always changing with different gift ideas. Unfortunately not enough local crafts.

Visited August 2014

Calgary, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Take out a bank loan to buy anything from this place...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

As a last stop before leaving the Okanagan Valley area, we stopped here on our way home. We noticed the location on our way down and found it peculiar with the dinosaur statues all over the lawn and the goats up on a walk so as we passed on the way back we figured, lets stop.
It was very busy so figured that is good for business for a small community, but a little tight when trying to walk around due to the size and number of people there.
It voiced itself as a fruit and veggie stand, however there was very little selection and what selection there was cost far more than it should.
I bought a small container of cherries, 8 garlic (truly not even sure they came from a farm they looked like those small ones that come from China), salt water taffy, and I wanted a macaroon cookie and was told it was cheaper to buy them in 3's. So I did.
I had a 20 dollar bill in my hand however the cost was 29.80 cdn!! I had to use my bank card.
My friend bought a 500 ml dasani water and paid 3 dollars!!
Also, there were no prices on most items or anywhere I could see a price. Not realizing what a rip off place it could be I never thought to question. The salt water taffy had a tag on it and cost 7.95 for 250 g I thought it a bit pricey as in Keremos you can get a larger size for 10.95 (last year when I bought it there).
They never offered me a receipt and there was none in my bag (the bags they give out are very nice) so I couldn't check the actual cost of anything when I arrived home.
I suggest you save your money, make sure you stop in Oliver, or neighboring communities like Keremos or Vernon as the variety of fruit and veggies is far better and the cost is much much more reasonable then these rip off artists.

Visited August 2014
6 Thank ritad43
Winnipeg, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Watch your receipt and what you pay!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped in because it looked so interesting from the highway. ..very inviting. It starts off really well...there's goats above you and just over the high sign...you buy corn kernels for a quarter and the goats are watching you. They pull the rope on the pulley and raise it up with their teeth until it brings up the kernels to them! Then. ..it slowly goes downhill from there...Everything looks beautiful and impressive. ..fun park for kids and beautiful horses to pet...but I would HIGHLY recommend you buy ice cream somewhere else. TOO EXPENSIVE! !!

Watch your receipt. I added up our purchases 3x and still didn't get the same total they did. They charged us $10 over and eventually agreed to refund $5 despite their mistake. BAD FOR BUSINESS!!!!

9 Thank Shumit123
Calgary, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Unexpected gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were driving from Revelstoke to Kelowna when we saw this road side attraction. We decided to stop and check it out. First thing we noticed was the goat bridge, which my son got a kick out of. We parked a ways away, by the green space, so we could walk our dogs a little. Then we went inside. It was adorable and had loads of free samples. Tonnes of different food and drinks. And really good beef jerky! Outside there were horses you could pet and feed as well.

It was pricey, but you don't gave to buy anything to enjoy your stop here. It's a nice little place to take a driving break. There are picnic tables there as well, and washrooms.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sara D
Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Surprisingly.... An excellent spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

we were driving home from Banff and my wife and grown daughter, convinced me to stop. I really was not interested as it is covered in dinosaurs and other silly things! they have two goats on a elevated walkway that you can feed, etc. however you are welcome by very friendly staff were giving you samples of cheese, sausages and various dips! We ended up buying lunch (an excellent sausages on a bun) and vegetarian peroies...and of course a freshly baked peach pie was purchased - which was just delicious that night with dinner. surprisingly an excellent little spot which will end up stopping at in the future. Should also mention all proceeds on the Sunday went to charity, as the Mennonites only operation.

Visited July 2014