“Nanan's Tours, Thank you for the Great Experience”

Caroni Bird Sanctuary
Book In Advance
More Info
US$60.00*
and up
Caroni Bird Sanctuary
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This year decided to do Local Attractions for my 1st wave vacation. Booked with Nanan's Tours, and they were professional, timely and really engaging. The tour guide was detailed, and stopped at major points of interests for taking pictures and made time for us to behold the beauty of the Mangrove, Scarlet Ibis and other birds. The tour lasted about 2 hrs 15 minutes in total. Would definitely recommend this tour. I felt relaxed and refreshed indeed!

Also, there is a Local Bathroom Facility on the compound and Parking facilities provided!

1  Thank Camille T
There are newer reviews for Caroni Bird Sanctuary

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I along with 3 members of my family, took this tour today. I must say we didnt expect much as we embarked on what was to be a 2 hr tour of the caroni swamp in hopes of seeing an a snake or 2 and some ibis. I took the tour before with nannan's tour agency and like a previous reviewer was grossly underwhelmed. I must say, in retrospect, i am overwhelmed at how much i enjoyed our little adventure down the scenic "road" and must give credit where credit is due. Our tour guide of "maddoo's tours" was not only very knowledgeable but showed a great care and respect for the habitat we were exploring and made certain we saw almost every type of wild animal we could in our brief time together. I can say that i have seen my share of snakes, birds and even a cayman who thought he was invisible. In short my family and i had a ball. I cannot stress how much this tour was worth and urge you to consider madoo's tours the next time you decide to visit the caroni bird sanctuary.

3  Thank Devon S
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We went with the boats going out 16:00 to watch the red Ibis return to the swamp. It is truly magical to see them arrive in the sunset. During the trip we were also able to see parrots, a boa, an eagle, crabs, fishes and lots of mangrove.

4  Thank klasherman
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The swamp tour was educational and informative .We used the company that operates inside the sanctuary itself. I think the name of the company is Madoos and they seem to be the official tour company of the Caroin Bird Sanctuary. There are other companies operating in the swamp but this one is located inside the gates of the facility. You have to call in advance ,make reservations and you will be given directions.

Their # can be found on the official Bird Sanctuary web site. We took the 4PM tour,which is the best time to see the Ibis return to roost.
Going down the swamp taking in the sights and waiting for the Ibis to return in the evening ,with the sunset as a backdrop was breathtaking.

4  Thank manzanman
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We went with Nanan Tours and the guide was wonderful! He was very knowledgable about all of the wild life and vegetation, highly recommend! Watching the birds come back at sunset was magical. bring a sweater as the weather cools after the sun sets

4  Thank cqiwang