“Great Sunday Lunch!!”
Review of The Old Talbot

The Old Talbot
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Old Talbot is a family friendly community pub and restaurant on the outskirts of the Northamptonshire village of Potterspury.
Mikton keynes
“Great Sunday Lunch!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We visited here on Sunday for lunch with our family and were so shocked.. What a turn around. The restaurant was buzzing, the atmosphere was great. We were sat at our table promptly by a lovely waitress who made us almost feel at home here. Like we had known her for years! The food that came out was not what we expected but what a wonderful surprise. Seasoned beautifully, fun little touches that made a massive difference. Only thing was I would have liked a bigger jug of gravy with my pie. All the food was so pretty even down to the desserts! Have booked another table in a couple of weeks can't wait to go back!

Jeremy C, Owner at The Old Talbot, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch.
All our meet is sourced locally and our new chef, George, takes pride in presenting the food to the highest quality.
I note your comments about the deserts and in fact all deserts are made onsite.
We all look forward to seeing you again when you return in two weeks time.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“The old talbot, a great place to eat”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The food was amazing, my starter spicy prawns was cooked to perfection, I then proceeded to my main course, salmon with a side of chips and veg, again cooked to perfection, moist and flavoursome, the service was adequate, however, the service did lack in some areas, eg front of house staff could have looked more lively, overall the experience was great and I would recommend to any people looking for well priced tastey good, the banana toffee waffle was also a great addition for desert. To conclude definitely a positive experience.

Jeremy C, Owner at The Old Talbot, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our food. All food is baked onsite including the bread and pastries.
I note your comments with regards to the staff looking more lively and I will look into this and mention it at the next staff meeting.
I look forward to welcoming again in the near future.
Stanmore, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I visited two Sundays ago with family. We were offered an excellent menu as well as the normal Sunday roasts. The food and atmosphere was most enjoyable and the service was exceptional. There was pleasant background music to add to the enjoyment of the meal and a great mouth watering Sundae Ice Cream menu to follow. Many thanks to the helpful staff and we look forward to another visit when we are next in the area.

Jeremy C, Owner at The Old Talbot, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit and that you found the food and atmosphere to your liking.
I do hope that you visit us again. We change our menus every three months so there is always a variety on offer.
“Fabulous Meal”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited The Old Talbot perviously and had a wonderful meal with a friend
so recommend an evening out with a bigger group on friends and once again we had a wonderful meal, the service was friendly and helpful will be recommending to more of my friends and family..and i will be returning again very soon

Jeremy C, Owner at The Old Talbot, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit.
We have just launched our new menus and hope you see you again soon.
The food is even better!
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went for lunch at the Talbot today as both of us have been before and always had such good food. I'd heard that they had changed management and this isn't a good thing. The restaurant was dead yet we still waiting ages to get our meals. When the food come just to look at it was disappointing. My partner had salmon which he said actually tasted ok. Apart from that the rest was shocking. He basically got A new potato, the carrots and peas were dry and not edible and they also come with an added bit of blue roll. I had the Tasteless Seabass stuffed with the skin of a courgette, a circle of leek and no garlic. With lumpy hard mash with extra black bits in. We also had a side of cheesy garlic bread. Which was a slice of bread, with 'garlic' butter and melted cheese!!!! So all in all I will not be recommending the talbot to anyone in future

1 Thank Hayley B
Jeremy C, Owner at The Old Talbot, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry for the poor experience you had when visiting us.
We have just employed a top chef, George, and the food we are producing is second to none.
Should you wish to visit us again and try our new menu, please ask for me when booking a table for 2 and I will offer you a complimentary meal. As your previous visits have been so good in the past, maybe you could try us again.