“SIMPLY THE BEST”
Review of Las Flores Resort

Las Flores Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Cuco
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I will be the first of our nine person group to write a review on the Las Flores Surf Resort.This place is amazing. They nailed it ! There is no other way to describe this place... Simply the best..

From the moment that you are picked up at the airport your luggage is loaded and securely placed into a nice Toyota van. The drive is a worth wearing a seat belt....or not because if it happens it happens right?!!

Upon arrival at the Las Flores you will be greeted by hardworking Salvadorians . They will escort you and your luggage to you proper sleeping quarters. Gonzolo the front desk manager and part owner will assist you with any concerns or needs upon your sleeping quarters. He is very friendly and is a man of his word. Ask and he will deliver!

After you have showered and washed the airport off of you it is time to do what you came for. SuRF! You will head down to the board locker area. Store your boards.wax,rash guards etc in a safe and open area. Play ping pong and pool while you wait for your buddy who is slacking and running late. If you are a beginner surfer ask for Gabriel or Roberto. These guys know their stuff and ask them anything they will deliver! Even if you are intermediate to advanced these guys will show you the spot.

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
Do you like food? I do! Order whatever you like! Fresh juice offered all day....and I mean fresh mango,orange,cranberry, passion fruit the list goes on and on. Cold filtered water offered all day and dont forget about a Suprema or two! As food goes order anything... It's all good! My favorites: Breakfast:Veggie Ommlette w/side of pancakes
Lunch: Garlic Shrimp-- No questions asked.
Dinner: PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING !!! TRUST THEM!

Not into surfing today? Thats ok..
Grab a massage . Amazing setting overlooking the surf and the beach. Get it how you want it! from facials to recovery massage. They do it all! Chill by the pool and enjoy cocktails.. Enjoy the Mitch Margarita . You cant go wrong!

Overall this place is amazing. These people have what it takes to bring you the vacation of a lifetime. I know it because I have seen it. Trust me , and trust them. Book your next trip as soon as possible!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brandon D
There are newer reviews for Las Flores Resort

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My sister and I spent 5 nights last week at Las Flores and absolutely loved it. You know you are in a very special place as soon as you enter the gates to this resort located in a very pristine and beautiful area of the Salvadorian coast. Our spotless and very comfortable room had a gorgeous view overlooking the lush tropical grounds and the ocean. Las Flores is primarily a surf resort but there is plenty to do for non-surfers like ourselves....fishing, kayaking, yoga, spa and visit to the city of San Miguel just to name a few. We chartered a boat to see the coastline and it was well worth it - very beautiful.Las Flores has a wonderful pool overlooking the ocean as well as a hot tub and infinity pool. Meals are served in an outdoor restaurant overlooking the ocean and the food was delicious! Salvadorian food is quite tasty - nice and fresh. Las Flores should be very proud of their outstanding staff. Everyone was so friendly and attentive. We spent a lot of time talking with staff members and learned so much about El Salvador. I highly suggest every guest do the same, especially if not traveling to other places around the country. We came away totally relaxed and happy from our stay at Las Flores.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It doesn't get better than Las Flores!! My family of six spent Spring break there and we had an amazing vacation. My husband and three boys ages 15,13 and 9 took surf lessons daily while my three year old daughter and I relaxed and took in the beauty of the hotel.

The meals were the highlight of are day. We had four meals a day and they were fresh and healthy. I loved the barbecue on the beach and breakfast was our favorite!!

We were so happy with our suite. Suite six has an amazing view and we enjoyed coffee every morning on our balcony.

I can't say enough good things. We spent tons of time at the pool and loved the drinks at the swim up bar and my kids loved hanging in the hot tub.

I get massages everywhere but overlooking the surf w the ocean breeze was hard to beat!

We can't wait too return and I'm hoping to have my big birthday there next year! Lastly the staff treated us so well and were great w the kids and made the vacation so easy.

The manager Roberto even took our board shorts and other items to the local school to donate.

Great vacation for surfers and non surfers. A true gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesli P
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We loved Las Flores. The kids ran from the room to the beach barefoot all day long. They could surf all day. The hotel was very crowded when we were there so the service was a little slow. That didn't bother us too much. We just sat and enjoyed the view. One thing I love is that there is a view from everywhere at this hotel-from your room, to the pool, to the restaurant to the hammocks. It did bother me that you don't know how much you are spending as you go. There are no receipts, they just take your name so our bill at check out was more than I expected. The extra drinks are expensive considering the cost of living there. I was hoping for a break in that regard.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and have views. Love that many rooms can accommodate 5 or more people. Huge p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We wanted to experience a beach vacation in El Salvador, and chose Las Flores Resort, even though we had never surfed before. The resort is set on an amazing property with a private beach and wonderful amenities (infinity edge pool, hot tub, spa, etc). The yoga platform is up on a hill overlooking the ocean and is also the setting for sunset cocktails. The second floor dining pavilion overlooks the beach and there was always a fantastic breeze around noon. The setting is so secluded and peaceful! The food was amazing (Salvadoran lobster one night) and the room was great (junior suite) with ocean views and full amenities including flat screet TV, etc. Since we had never surfed before, we took lessons from Gabriel from Ecuador who was really patient with beginners! But I think one of the best parts about the resort was the comradery and sense of community among the other guests. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming and it was easy to make friends. Reservations were well coordinated by Henry at Wave Hunters who set up everything for us, including airport transfers. Another plus, the currency in El Salvador is the US dollar. Las Flores was a wonderful place to fully relax and enjoy a fun vacation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChazInLA
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This place will spoil you - whether you are an accomplished surfer, a beginning surfer or a non-surfer. You know you've arrived somewhere special from the moment you first enter the gates of this beautiful property. The grounds are immaculately maintained but still lush and tropical. The rooms are spotlessly clean and beachy comfortable - all beautifully situated on a hillside with open views of the world-class surf break right out front. The vibe here is unpretentious but still feels first class and luxurious. Our upgrade to a suite midweek added even more luxury to our stay. The food was absolutely delicious and the variety of offerings so much more than anticipated. Be sure not to miss out on the papusas! All the staff were friendly and accommodating - really making the guests feel looked after at every turn. As a beginning surfer - I took advantage of the lessons offered by the resort and was so lucky to have Yepi as my instructor. His patience is legendary and his ability to get me up and surfing and having fun in such a short time was a testament to his well-honed but low key teaching style. Roberto was also terrific - attending to all the little details that help make the experience at Las Flores so effortless and relaxing. Lastly – the amenities here will have you blissed out. From the hammocks swaying beachfront to the gorgeous pool to the cliff top massages to the serene yoga deck with a view that’s not to be believed – we didn’t want to leave and can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed 19 October 2013

For me it was The Best place I have Ever being in El Salvador , And Central América.
The SERVICE Was so good,nice, smiling,. The food was good And with a 4 or 5star menú .
Our suite was at The top, so we enjoy The beautiful view of The Beach And The océan, when you open Your eyes in The morning.
There aré too, some amenities for averyone on The Family. My grand children enjoy surfing, fishing, The splendid swingming pool, The Beach, And treking over the mountain. Ii enjoy de Yoga desk, The hamaca, The good energy ,You feel all over The place.
As I like very much plants And flowers, i enjoy The beatiful gardens, tropical flowers, coconut trees,mangoo trees,. Everything was beautifull, delicioso, And clean.
I completly recomend It, as The place deserves this recomendación.
Dont pay attention to my writtting. My iPad is not helping me.

Room Tip: Choose a Room with a view! Higuer floors have It all!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Vista Las Olas Surf Resort
Hotel Miraflores
Hotel Miraflores
#2 of 6 in El Cuco

Been to Las Flores Resort? Share your experiences!