I went to Las Flores on the reccomendation from a good friend and surfer. To start, we had already experienced crap service from non other than the owner himself via emails. This should have been a red herring right from the start. We arrived San Salvador and were picked up by their transport which by the way coast us 300.00 dollars US round trip!!! What a robbery. We made the journey from the airport to El Cuco (2.5 hours) and truth be told that part of the country is not where you want to be. Anyway we got to the hotel and it was a dump. Dirty, unkempt, litter all over the place and poorly staffed. We were given a room with a view that was impeded by the rooftop of the main building with a satellite dish on it. We asked if we could be moved to another room and were told "NO" right from the start because this was the one that was "programado", a word used often at Las Flores. Basically means "you get what you get so get over it". Now if the place had been full I would understand but get this, it was empty! We were the only ones there save the skeleton staff and the ill trained manager partner Rodrigo and yet they didn't want to let us move to a room with a better deal. My blood was starting to boil and it was only day one of a scheduled and reserved 5 day romantic getaway with my wife. The food was awful, excuse me (with capital letters) A W F U L!!! What made it even worse was the fact that dinner had to be decided by 12 PM and it was served at 7 pm sharp on your table whether you were there or not. I was getting dressed at 7:03 when the phone in the room rang to tell me that the meal was literally being set on the table!!! What the hell??? Did I mention that there was no Yoga instructor on premise as advertised, no surf instructor save an older, overweight and unfit and certainly not a surfer who came after we made a stink to just go out with my wife and show her the spots and she an intermediate surfer was a way more competant surfer than he. Problem was too that there were no waves. I am a world traveler. I have been doing 8-9 international trips per year for the last 20 years. Wednesday I leave for Brasil and I must say this was my worst experience ever. I checked out after a day and a half and luckily as always my wife was armed with her local book by Frommer's and we stumbled upon a great two places in El Salvador which I will be writing positive reviews about: Casa de Mar (awesome surf point) and La Cocotera both cheaper and both 1000 per cent better. Oh and by the way my r/t transportation by La Cocotera (2 1/4 hours from airport and back: 50.00 vs 300.00 for Las Flores. Note: i had to fight to not get charged the 3 nights i cancelled. Do yourselves a favor STAY AWAY!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Flores Resort is located 2 hours East of El Salvador's International Airport in the town of El Cuco, San Miguel Department, and lies on a stunning 7-acre beachfront property. The boutique hotel, opened in 2005, features 11 ocean-view guest suites with modern architecture and progressive design including (11) Jr. Suites and (4) 2-bedroom Suites. All suites are fully air-conditioned with luxury amenities. Hotel facilities include pool and sundeck, swim-up bar, jacuzzi, air-conditioned lounge, business center, outdoor lounges and hammocks, children's playground, landscaped gardens and walking trails, surf shop, surf school, surfing and fishing panga fleet, oceanfront yoga deck and signature Las Flores SPA. Directly in front of the hotel is the Pacific ocean and one of the most beautiful black sand beaches in Central America. On our very own beach you can partake in surfing for any level of ability at one of the premier breaks in Central America or swim in the frothing waves. Onsite activities include surfing lessons, surf tours, fishing, SPA treatments, yoga, sun worshipping, and lots of R&R. Offsite tours include a variety of eco, cultural and city tours throughout El Salvador's "Oriente". Enjoy seaside dining at Restaurante Entre Cocos overlooking the waves. Serving only the freshest ingredients from the sea and the earth, the restaurant provides a diverse culinary experience including a-la-carte breakfast and lunch menus, set 3-course dinner menu with seafood, meat or vegetarian entrée selections, and theme buffets such as our seafood buffet and traditional Salvadorian night. Mangos Bar serves a selection of fruit smoothies, natural juices, energy and sports drinks in addition to a full bar service with beers, wines, champagnes, and top shelf liquor selection. Our Las Flores Resort team spoils you with a high level of personal attention to provide you with a relaxing and rejuvenating experience-all for a tangible and down-to-earth economic value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Las Flores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Flores Surf Club Hotel San Miguel
- Las Flores Resort El Salvador/El Cuco