Las Flores Resort
US$69
  • Pool
US$100
US$96
Hotel Tropico inn(San Miguel)
US$88
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sevilla(Usulutan)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewslas floressurf tripswim up bargreat wavesother guestsinfinity poolyoga platformlearn to surfour honeymoonevery mealplaying in the wavesyear old sonfresh fruitmy favoriteamazing viewsfelt safemany ways
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I have travelled to Las Flores 3 times now and can not wait to return again this July!
The first 2 trips I did I did with a few buddies looking for Surf and both times we scored. I returned this last July with my now wife to get married there at Las Flores on the Beach. We brought our 7 year old son, 6 month old daughter along with 10 friends and Family. It was AWESOME!!

-Each of my trips is greeted with upgrades to the property.
-Transportation from the Airport to the Hotel does take some time, about 2 1/2 hours but is worth every minute. On the way there it puts you into the culture and make you more appreciative of where you are in the world.
- Accommodations are great. Very clean with AC, TV, DVD and cablein each room. It is not the Ritz but I am not headed to El Salvador to go to the Ritz!
-Food is great and each year has gotten better. After a week of surfing 5 to 6 hours a day each day I still gained 5 lbs by the time I left.
- Service is awesome. Everyone always has a smile and will go the extra step to improve your stay.
- Property is beautiful. Very tropical with native plants and flowers. Security guards at both the upper entrance as well as beach for safety. I trusted to bring my kids there with out a worry at all.
-Surf is great if you are looking for warm water, uncrowded right hand point breaks.
Las Flores point out in front is a very playful wave with sand bottom point. Best at lower tides unless there is some size, then it will break all day. Great for the beginner surfer as well as a place to teach someone to surf.
Punta Mango is a short 15 to 20 minute boat ride away and is a world class right hand cobblestone point break. Defiantly more of an advance wave for sure. Nothing better than a few waves here in the early morning to get the day started.
- Las Flores is great for a few buddies to catch some fun quality surf, drink a few beers, eat some great food and get away. Or as I experience on my last trip, you can take the Wife and Kids and enjoy it all that much more.
Can't wait to get back!!
Thanks Rodrigo and crew

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank NorCalsurf
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I'm not a surfer, but 99% of our group were. Even I could tell the surf was AMAZING. But what I didn't expect was the incredible staff: kind, friendly, accommodating and fun. Also, the rooms were terrific: a/c, clean, quiet, comfortable; and the food authentic and fresh, never boring. I found it really relaxing and was even able to take a few beginner surf lessons from friends on our trip. We were there for a wedding and took over the place, practically, and every whim, wish and desire of the bride and groom were accommodated with smiles. El Sal is a beautiful country, but still pretty rough around the edges--about 20 years behind Costa--but Las Flores is a great way to introduce yourself to the country.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank LHSTruckee
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Billabong has been hosting the it's world renowned Billabong Surf With a Pro trips at the Las Flores Surf Club for 4 years now. The resort itself is amazing, and the staff is great from your airport arrival, to your meals, your daily boat trips,.... up until they drop you off at the airport to leave. The entire staff is always ready and waiting for anything you need. The waves are great and uncrowded. This combined with the resort and staff make it an easy call to come back year after year and host our camps there. We have had over 12 weeks of surf camps there, and I can't recall one person who didn't have the time of their life. Many of whom return every year. I highly reccomend a trip to the resort if you want to get away, relax, and most of all, surf great waves.

Josh Harper
Billabong

• Stayed: March 2009
3  Thank Billabong_Camps
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I went to Las Flores on the reccomendation from a good friend and surfer. To start, we had already experienced crap service from non other than the owner himself via emails. This should have been a red herring right from the start. We arrived San Salvador and were picked up by their transport which by the way coast us 300.00 dollars US round trip!!! What a robbery. We made the journey from the airport to El Cuco (2.5 hours) and truth be told that part of the country is not where you want to be. Anyway we got to the hotel and it was a dump. Dirty, unkempt, litter all over the place and poorly staffed. We were given a room with a view that was impeded by the rooftop of the main building with a satellite dish on it. We asked if we could be moved to another room and were told "NO" right from the start because this was the one that was "programado", a word used often at Las Flores. Basically means "you get what you get so get over it". Now if the place had been full I would understand but get this, it was empty! We were the only ones there save the skeleton staff and the ill trained manager partner Rodrigo and yet they didn't want to let us move to a room with a better deal. My blood was starting to boil and it was only day one of a scheduled and reserved 5 day romantic getaway with my wife. The food was awful, excuse me (with capital letters) A W F U L!!! What made it even worse was the fact that dinner had to be decided by 12 PM and it was served at 7 pm sharp on your table whether you were there or not. I was getting dressed at 7:03 when the phone in the room rang to tell me that the meal was literally being set on the table!!! What the hell??? Did I mention that there was no Yoga instructor on premise as advertised, no surf instructor save an older, overweight and unfit and certainly not a surfer who came after we made a stink to just go out with my wife and show her the spots and she an intermediate surfer was a way more competant surfer than he. Problem was too that there were no waves. I am a world traveler. I have been doing 8-9 international trips per year for the last 20 years. Wednesday I leave for Brasil and I must say this was my worst experience ever. I checked out after a day and a half and luckily as always my wife was armed with her local book by Frommer's and we stumbled upon a great two places in El Salvador which I will be writing positive reviews about: Casa de Mar (awesome surf point) and La Cocotera both cheaper and both 1000 per cent better. Oh and by the way my r/t transportation by La Cocotera (2 1/4 hours from airport and back: 50.00 vs 300.00 for Las Flores. Note: i had to fight to not get charged the 3 nights i cancelled. Do yourselves a favor STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
29  Thank vagabundomundial
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Went for a 3 day / 2 night getaway with my husband to celebrate his birthday. Check in was very quick. Staff very friendly. Our rooms were on the first floor, but since it is all in elevation we had an a amazing view of the beach right from our deck. The deck itself is shared with all other rooms, but is very large and spacious. The pools - one normal and one jacuzzi - are great!
The restaurant is almost too good to be true! Beachfront, small but spacious and with AMAZING food!

Other cool stuff:
- Amazing beach - very long and quiet. Nice sights nearby such as the intricate sand patterns of the beach itself (mix of white and black sand that looks like a tigers stripes), lots and lots of seashells and small conches, large houses that overlook the ocean, etc. Don´t forget you sandals - VERY hot sand!
- Common space next to bar has large plasma TV and pool table. Large variety of prepared drinks and coctails to chose from.
- Hammock deck with sun cover directly in front of the beach - Great for reading and relaxing!
- Massages available!
- Surf board rental and surf lessons available!
- 3 boats that take you to surf at "punta mango" (world known for it´s great waves) - TOTALLY WORTH IT!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple