Escaping from the hype and party scene of El Tunco, we headed to La Tortuga based on rave tripadvisor reviews. We stayed 3 nights. My husband and I, plus our 2 dogs had a relaxing time at La Tortuga; we enjoyed our experience and the amazing sunsets.
-Dog friendly!!! Yuppee! Unbelievable frisbee sessions.
-Your very own secluded beach. Long stretches of expansive white sand. Bath water waves where you can spend hours floating and watching the pelicans.
-Spacious and open air accommodations. We stayed in one of the cabanas that was large enough for 6. This was the perfect size for us and our dogs...and enough space to roll out the yoga mats for a good workout. Oh, and hammocks galore!
-Excellent value. For low season, we paid $40 USD.
-Very good food. There's a restaurant (no outside food is allowed). Loved the fish soup (sopa de pescado). The pasta carbonara is devilishly delish. Prices could be more on the local standard, but the value of the accommodations and your very own secluded beach makes up for it.
-Great staff and service. Staff are very friendly (helps to speak spanish). The manager, Veronica...super helpful and attentive. One staff member helped us with directions (we came with our car), he drew us a map on the sand. Tom, the host let us borrow his long board!
-Turtles. There's a turtle nesting area right in front of the hotel.
-Comfort level was a little too rustic for us...a la camping/backpackers vs a true resort style. Helps to keep an open mind, the value and your very own secluded beach makes up for it.
-My pet peeve. There was only artificial orange juice available. Comes with breakfast. Would have preferred the real thing.
Tip. Before it gets dark out, make sure you get your dinner order in or the staff might pack up and leave for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread over 3 ocean front properties in Playa El Esteron / Playa Las Flores, El Salvador, La Tortuga Verde is dedicated to living a greener lifestyle in harmony with sea turtles, pelicans, and nature. Large screened-in "salas" in each of the private rooms provide the perfect air-flow design for optimum ocean listening as indirect lighting creates the perfect atmosphere for stargazing and observing the turtle habitat. The property boasts over 400 coconut trees and 3 restaurants. The main restaurant specializes in fresh fish, lobster, shrimp, poultry and local plates using only the freshest fruits and vegetables. The vegetarian restaurant uses organic ingredients whenever possible including sting beans, basil, rosemary and mint from our organic garden. Our ocean front bar restaurant offers cold beer, and a wide variety of cocktails. The bar also serves fresh home made pizza and fish, chicken, shrimp or meat bruchettes made with special bread from Guatemala and fresh basil and rosemary from our organic garden. In addition the bar offers 1 special continental meal per night offered in half or full portions. Also Known As: La Tortuga Verde Hotel El Cuco La Tortuga Verde El Salvador/El Cuco ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your La Tortuga Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Verde Hotel El Cuco
- La Tortuga Verde El Salvador/El Cuco