“A place to break your journey”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solitaire
Namibgrens Guest Farm
London
“A place to break your journey”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We spent a night at the Guest Farm on the journey from Windhoek to Walvis Bay, for which it was ideal. It meant we had a leisurely day's birdwatching from Windhoek and were able to reach the Spreetshoogte Pass early the next morning. The farm itself is quite isolated and pleasantly quiet. We visited their dam to see what birds were around, but, sadly, the two big dogs accompanied us, chasing off the wildlife. The room was comfortable, if a little twee, had a small bathroom partitioned from one corner and a door wwhich was almost impossible to unlock. At one stage I thought I might have to use the window to get out! There was a set menu for dinner, which was fine withough being very exciting and breakfast was pretty standard. Despite its location, I'm not sure I would want to use this hotel as a base to explore the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Le Diamant, Martinique
Reviewed 16 August 2012

After 3 weeks camping in Namibia , we wanted to relax in a quite luxury place . Namibgrens has only the price luxury . It's just a shame .The area is OK but the price is just 3 times more than it should be .
Only the 2 big dogs are really friendly

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Fred M

Travellers are raving about these Solitaire hotels

Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We had a wonderful one-night stay in one of the villas. The villas themselves are built right into the stone of the area and the architecture is absolutely astounding. There was an open shower and a large stone bathtub. It was fully equipped, extremely clean, and the view was lovely. It was fairly cheap and very close to the Spreetshoogte Pass. We had an absolutely delicious dinner which included prepared salads, veggies and fresh beef steaks from the farm which we cooked ourselves in the villa. I would recommend bringing breakfast provisions as the breakfast the next day in the main house was tasty but boring and kind of pricey, especially compared to the dinner feast. The villas face west and we had a spectacular sunset. Our only gripe was that there was a very distressed bat stuck in our villa in the evening flying around the very high ceilings, which we could do nothing about. There was no way to contact the owners without driving back to the main house (not sure what they could have done about it either). In the end we just locked ourselves into the bedroom and tried to ignore it. Managed to have a very good night sleep anyway.

I highly recommend Namibgrens for a relaxing holiday away from Windhoek or to break up the trip to Sossusvlei and have a bit of different scenery. We definitely plan to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed for two nights on Namibgrens' campsite. Each campsite has its own outdoor-shower, outdoor-toilet and lounge area with fireplace and sink. Everything is nicely and creatively set up with lots of space, but the price of NAD 140 per person per night is well overpriced. We stayed on other campsites in Namibia that charged less and were newer and the fire wood and toilet paper were included. There are hikes on the property and we enjoyed the shortest hike very much. It took us to a view point that was very rewarding.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelSisi
Cape Town
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I recently visited Namibgrens and I can highly recommend their unique accommodation to any travelers visiting Namibia. They offer camping with all the facilities including two rock swimming pools. The new villas are breathtaking and really unique. The villas are built into the rocks and they are built with the natural resources found on the farm so you get the feeling of natural luxury. I can highly recommend it and the prices are really affordable. Go see it!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trebern
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I booked a room at Namibgrens because I would like to do some hikes. I was not very impressed with the room, old furniture, old matrasses... The next day I went for a 5 hour hike.... I was suposed to stay for 2 nights. I cheked out the next morning, but first I went out to do a 5 hour hike. I started around 8.30, but the grass was so high, you could'n find the marks easily. I spent more than 9 hours in the bush, before they came to look for me. It was too late to drive over the pass, so I had to stay an other night. The next morning the lady told me that they also have nice rooms... Why didn't she put me in one of these rooms, I was the only guest there????!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kdfran
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We booked Nambigrens on the strength that it was a convenient stop off between Sessriem and Windhoek and for Bobby the goat/sheep herding baboon who we had seen on TV. (I know, we are a bit star struck at times!) The farm is in a great location at the top of the Spreethoogte Pass. Essentially in the middle of nowhere. It is a working farm and provides functional but very celan accomodation and hearty farm food for dinner and breakfast. You can stay here longer than a night and enjoy walking or driving around the area. Very friendly people, clean accomodation, good food. Recommended. As for Bobby, well I'm afraid he is no more - RIP.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mr_MYork_UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solitaire
Rostock Ritz Desert Lodge
#4 of 29 in Namib-Naukluft Park
Agama River Camp
Agama River Camp
#2 of 4 in Solitaire

Been to Namibgrens Guest Farm? Share your experiences!