Others here have highlighted the mix of accommodation between the old main house and newer rooms elsewhere on the site. I suspect there's quite a bit of variation...
I stayed in the "Rafters" room, replete with a variety of low beams, creaking floorboards and some fairly eccentric plumbing with a variety of (noisy) pumps and water tanks in various cupboards. The decor was fairly jaded and the room a bit grubby - and any possibility of creating a nice ambience marred by the "mind your head" signs slapped onto the beams and above the doors.
The bathroom was something of a disgrace - cracked/slipped tiles in abundance, no shower and a sign saying "run the taps for a while if you want hot water". All in all, a room that should be exuding the charms of a country manor house felt more like an institution.
Service in the hotel was fairly good and efficient. Continental breakfast was plentiful and the cooked breakfast menu looked quite nice with more than just the fry up on offer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the beautiful West Sussex countryside, this 17th-century manor house combines both character and charm with warm friendly service and outstanding facilities. With 29 individually designed bedrooms, as well as a stunning 2-bedroom private cottage, it is very much a home away from home for our guests, whether staying for either business or pleasure. The wonderful new Restaurant is a Rosette award winning, completely refurbished in February 2015, provides a relaxing backdrop to enjoy excellent food, with an emphasis on seasonality, simplicity, and locally sourced quality ingredients. During the spring and summer months, you will find fresh fruit and vegetables picked and grown on the Ghyll estate itself. Weather permitting, dining outside on the terraces looking down to the lake is a joy in itself. Ghyll Manor is also a truly memorable venue for special weddings and private parties, as well as business meetings and conferences. Dedicated event planners will coordinate all your requirements to ensure your day is flawless in every way. We look forward to welcoming you to Ghyll Manor soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Ghyll Manor Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ghyll Manor Hotel And Restaurant
- Ghyll Manor Hotel & Restaurant Rusper, West Sussex