“Definitely coming back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shirley
Leipzig, Germany
“Definitely coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I am travelling to Birmingham on a regular basis and have been staying at the Regency before. This place has always been a great choice, however, I must say I am very impressed by the new refurbishment, the building looks very modern, cosy and is made to high a standard. Even though it is not ready yet one can see the great difference. Besides, the restaurant food impressed me equally. The new menu is much easier to read and food is cooked perfectly. Well done, chefs!
Apart from the changes, the Regency is always a good choice for me due to its location which means close proximity to traffic transport links and the addition of the excellent leisure facilities. It's simply nice to relax in the sauna after a stressful day ;)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review of your stays at The Regency Hotel.
It is great to hear that you use The Regency Hotel on a regular basis, we have strived to create contemporary and relaxing areas for our guests.
I am pleased to hear that you found our new menu a positive change and I shall pass your comments over to our Head Chef, we have received great feedback in regards to the choice of food and the quality of the meals we provide.
The Hotel is in an ideal location to all major transport links including the M42 and M40 and with our on-site leisure facilities it is an ideal place to stay and relax after a hard day’s work as you have discovered.
During your next stay at the Hotel I hope you will be able to take advantage of our current discount for guests when dining in our Regency Restaurant.

Sales Manager – Midlands Cluster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Overall the hotel was clean and nicely decorated. Bedroom was a good size, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little small and the water pressure was not great in the shower.
The restaurant was busy but the food was excellent and the service was great. Can't fault the breakfast great selection and again great service. Check out was not great, not a very friendly receptionist.
Good location, good food, good service(mostly) and comfy bed, will be back again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia W
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent rating and review on Trip Advisor.
It is great to hear your positive comments in regards to the cleanliness and refurbishment of the Hotel. We do have a great selection of bedrooms that offer a comfortable and relaxing stay for both business and leisure guests.
I am pleased to hear such positive feedback in regards to the food at the hotel, we have a great brigade of Chefs who are dedicated to providing delicious, freshly made food.
I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the level of service you had experienced during your stay when checking out.
We do look forward to your next stay at The Regency Hotel.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel just needs a little tlc in the rooms and bathrooms and biscuits and bottle water would be good in rooms ! As most hotels offer this now reception and the bar was good service but went for a meal in the restaurant and around 8 members of staff walked past us and did not ask us if we had booked a table so not a good start we had to whait 45 mins for starter and asked for bread 4 times? We also oreded a second bottle of wine but it never came so there loss! But nether the less the food was good it was the best belly pork I have ever had! Just need improvent on the service! Also lost out on us haveing a pudding because service was slow that my children fell asleep never the less I would come back and I would recommend this hotel as a 3 out of 5 hotel

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Helena S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hotel.
I am sorry to hear of the service that you experienced when dining in our Regency Restaurant, please be assured that I will pass your comments over to our Operations Manager and ensure that additional training is provided to ensure that we always provide a high level of service in all departments of the Hotel.
I am thrilled to hear your feedback in regards to the meal you had and it is fantastic to hear that the Belly Pork you had was the best you have ever eaten.
It is great to hear that you would recommend the Hotel and that you would stay at the Hotel again.
I look forward to welcoming you back so you can experience an improved level of service when dining in our restaurant.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Regency for one night before flying out of Birmingham International. Room was a good size with four proper beds allowing the kids to sleep well before an early start. Bathroom was functional and the water was hot. Plenty of clean towels for us to use. the windows were a bit worse for wear and there was a bit of a draft. We eat out at the close by harvester so can't comment on the food. As part of the package booked we were provided with a taxi to and from the airport having left out car at the hotel. The reception staff booked the taxi for us on the day of departure and it arrived on time as requested. Small issue with the return taxi in that I had to pay the driver, but the helpful manager at the regency gave me a refund without any problem. Renovation still ongoing but I would say things are probably looking up.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review following on from your recent stay.
As the hotel is situated just 9 miles from Birmingham International Airport it is an ideal place to stay and with our package deal including taxis to and from the airport we strive to take any stress of travelling away.
I am sorry to hear of the mix up with your return taxi journey but it is great to hear that it was resolved promptly for you.
I shall pass on your comments in regards to the windows over to my General Manager and Maintenance Manager to review.
We have just completing the refurbishment at the Hotel so hopefully you will be able to see the finished areas on a future stay.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Overall the hotel was clean and the staff very helpful, stayed over on a business trip and the facilities are excellent.

Not very impressed with check in or checking out, only one receptionist (who was excellent under pressure as no one covering the telephone or assisting with the queue), subsequently it took 25 minutes to check in and over half an hour to eventually check out.

Food was to a high standard and a good selection, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get to the check in early if you are in a hurry
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review.
The Regency Hotel is a fantastic hotel for business travellers and we do offer some great facilities including Free Wi-Fi, Free Car Parking and on-site Leisure facilities.
I am sorry to hear about the delay you experienced when checking in and out and will pass these comments over to our Front Office Manager so we can ensure that on peak times we are staffed appropriately.
It is great to hear such positive feedback in regards to our new menu that was recently launched, we try to ensure that there is a wide variety of options to suit all guests.
I am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Room was dirty looked like some one got sick on wall and stain still there also light didn't work rang reception and got told would b fixed Never was , heat was uncontrollable in room couldn't sleep bed was in bits and cover didn't fit properly . As for bar the main one was Being done up but never got any pre warning so we were stuck in the small bar/ restaurant which took an half hour to get served in even tho we were the only people there but the worst part of the stay was checking out a young man and women were behind the reception could not be bothered checking us out didn't ask how our stay was or anything so rude and then start smirking and laughing at us which made us feel very un easy and angry, feeling we did something wrong etc as my partner is moving to Solihull I was goin to use this place as a hotel our friends and family would stay in but after our experience I would defiantly not be using this hotel its a disgrace of a hotel and as for the leisure centre avoid too .

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry to hear of your recent experience at The Regency Hotel, I am concerned to hear of the cleanliness of your Hotel bedroom and can assure you that these comments will be passed over to our Housekeeping manager.
We have recently refurbished and created 2 new bars in the Hotel for our guests to relax in, I am sorry to hear that you were not served promptly. We have taken steps to ensure that all guests are now aware of where the new bar area is.
I am disappointed to hear of your experience when checking out at the Hotel, we have recently made some positive changes to the team at the Hotel and are providing additional training to all staff members, however will investigate this matter further for you.
We would like to welcome you back to the Hotel so you can experience the service that we usually provide, please do contact me directly if you wish to arrange another visit. My email address is acurtis@corushotels.com

Sales Manager – Midlands Cluster

Travellers are raving about these Shirley hotels

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at The Regency a few days ago, I was at the N E C for a conference. The Regency is very convenient. There is a new feel to the place. The service and food are much improved. Must be the new management (pointed out to me). Long may it last. Is there a new chef as well. The staff now actually want to serve and help you (not like in the past)
Nice to see that the upgrade is on going and it can only make the hotel better.
The place just has a good vibe to it now and that can only come from management.
I stayed previously in November last year
Still think rooms are a bit small, but that wont change and I don't actually spend a lot of time in the room.

4 Thank Clinton B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
The Regency Hotel is in an ideal location for the NEC and we are able to offer competitive rates during key NEC events.
We do have a new management team in place at the Hotel who are making some positive changes and I am pleased to hear that you are able to see the changes we are making. The staff are striving to provide an excellent standard of service for all our guests and I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Sales Manager – Midlands Cluster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirley
Ramada Birmingham Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#9 of 25 in Solihull
Premier Inn Solihull (Shirley) Hotel
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to The Regency Hotel Solihull? Share your experiences!