“Would definitely recommend!”

The Regency Hotel Solihull
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shirley
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for business purposes. Arrived late evening and staff very friendly and welcoming. Room was pristine, bathroom modern with lovely tiling. Nice big room. Brekkie in the morning was lovely, serice was very prompt and staff attentive. I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.
The Hotel is ideal for business travellers in Solihull being so close to the M42 and Birmingham.
I am pleased to hear that you had a warm welcome at reception when you arrived and that your room was pristine. The rooms are suitable for business travellers being spacious with an area should you wish to work within the room.
Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the service you received in the morning whilst enjoying your breakfast. I shall pass your comments over to my colleagues who were working that morning.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Plenty of car parking space,reception pleasant and very informative.
Lift to room but smelt abit damp.
Room was spacious warm and the window open no problems.
Everything you expect about a room clean and tidy
Food of a very good standard for both evening meal and breakfast.
Leaving the hotel the bill was incorrect but was soon resolved with no issues
Overall lovely hotel and look forward to going back

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Regency Hotel.
The Hotel does benefit from plenty of complimentary on-site car parking and with easy access from major road networks.
I am pleased to hear that you had a warm welcome on reception and found the room to be spacious and with all the facilities you would need.
We do have a new menu so it is great to hear positive feedback in regards to the evening meal, I shall pass this feedback over to our Head Chef.
My apologies that your bill was incorrect but I am pleased that this was resolved promptly for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Attending a networking here and the hotel has gone through a much needed refurbishment and now has good quality public rooms offering excellent service and the food was of a good quality at fair prices.

Will certainly go again and start using the Regency again for meeting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
The Hotel has just completed a major refurbishment and it is great to hear such positive comments.
We have refurbished all of our 7 meeting and function spaces and conference foyer which has created a contemporary, sophisticated space.
I am pleased to hear your positive comments in regards to the service you received at your event and the quality of food. We do try to ensure that our rates are competitive and I am pleased that you feel our prices are fair.
We do have some fantastic conference offers at present so please do contact our meetings and events team and we would be delighted to assist you with planning any future meetings at the Hotel. It is the ideal meeting venue in Solihull.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Sales Manager – Midland Cluster

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

To start with i was very impressed with this hotel, easy to find, good parking, good facilities and we had a spacious family room, unfortunately the staff are unhelpful, unfriendly and clueless as is the management. We had bought a package deal for our stay which included free meals for the children and a trip to cadbury world, however none of the staff seemed to understand this and we had to keep explaining the deal to various members of staff, despite handing them the printed deal on arrival. The evening meal was very nice but the service was atrocious and we were repeatedly charged wrong and ended up with 4 different receipts as the deputy manager could not work out how much we owed and kept changing the prices of the drinks, then when we went to check out, the receptionist tried to charge us for the room even tho we had already paid and she was holding the receipt as proof at the time. Its a shame because its a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following on from your recent stay.
The Hotel is very easily accessible just 1 mile from the M42 and with lots of complimentary car parking it is ideal with on-site facilities including free use of the leisure facilities.
I am very sorry and disappointed to hear of your comments in regards to the staff and service you received. We have launched the Cadbury World package and I will ensure that there is further training for the staff to ensure that the errors are not made in the future.
I am pleased to hear that the meal in the evening was enjoyable but again sorry to hear that the service was not to our usual standard.
We would like to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future so please do contact myself at acurtis@corushotels.com should you wish to discuss your experience further and arrange another visit in the future.
Once again my apologies for your experience and please be assured that your comments will be passed on to the Hotel Manager.
Sales Manager – Midland Cluster

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Wasn't and clean as we would have liked, some furniture was broken and patched up. Breakfast was good but expensive, especially if like us you are in a hurry so can't take full advantage of it. Garden's are nice with plenty of seating and bar area was comfortable. We dined there in the early evening and there was a good but small menu of bar food. We enjoyed our food there, prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanne F

Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at The Regency Hotel.
Thank you for your review of 4 out of 5. I am sorry to hear that the room was not as clean as you would have expected and that some furniture in the room was broken.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, we do have an excellent team of Chefs. We do try and ensure all our prices are competitive within the market place.
We have just refurbished the public areas of the Hotel and it is great to hear your positive comments. The Hotel does have a beautiful internal courtyard area which is perfect for al fresco dining in the summer months.
I do hope that we welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at your hotel earlier this month.
It is so convenient for the N.E.C. Have stayed here before but i must tell you that the improvements are great.

The rooms are what they are but i find them more than adequate. You could get better for more money i suppose.

The staff have improved so much. There must be training going on.
They want to help you now and it does not feel like they are doing you a favor.

The bar was where i found the staff very friendly and helpful. I think the selection has got wider as well.Well i always get what i want so no problem here.

The new menu is great and when the foor arrives it does not disapoint I don't use room service as a rule.
I always enjoy breakfast it is always good(the coffee could have been a bit hotter) and again the staff are trying hard to give you a good start to your day.
Keep up the good work STAFF it makes the place.
The new management is certainly giving the place a new feel.
Just a comment but i feel that reception could have more staff on duty during cheak in and out times.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank garreth s
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.
The Regency Hotel is in a fantastic location for events at the NEC, just minutes from the Motorway and only 8 miles from the NEC.
I am pleased to hear that you were pleased with the recent changes at the Hotel including the refurbishment and staff. It is great to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful, I shall pass your comments over to the team.
Thank you for your positive comments in regards to the food, we are changing the menu on a regular basis to offer guests a variety of options. I am sorry to hear the coffee was not hot enough and will pass this over to our Operations Manager.
I will also speak with our Reception Manager in regards to ensuring that we are adequately staffed during busy periods.
It is great to hear such positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I used to stay regularly at the Regency on business but noticed a drop in service towards the end of last year and the hotel began to look tired so I started to stay elsewhere around the Solihull area this year. I thought I would give the hotel another go after the refurb as I’d noticed an increase in positive reviews and I’m very glad I did.

The hotel has massively improved, the staff, the amenities and the service are now much better. You can clearly see it is under new Management and the recent investment has increased the hotel's overall appeal, it now has a great contemporary fresh feel.

I had room service which was delivered promptly and tasted delicious but didn’t manage to test out breakfast the following day due to running late.
I also didn’t get chance to test out the leisure facilities but its nice to stay in a city hotel that offers this.

In summary my recent stay at The Regency has won me back and I now wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: The Exec rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Welcome back to the Regency Hotel! I am delighted to hear that you decided to come back to The Regency Hotel.
It is fantastic to hear such positive comments from a previous guest, we have been working hard over the last few months completing a huge refurbishment which has given the Hotel a completely different look and feel. It is great to hear that you were able to see and feel a difference yourself.
I am also pleased to hear your positive comments in regards to the food and service at the Hotel, we have a fantastic team of staff who are dedicated to providing efficient and friendly service along with a high quality of food.
I do hope that you are able to take advantage of the on-site leisure facilities on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future and once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Sales Manager – Midlands Cluster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirley
Village Hotel Solihull
Best Western Plus Manor Hotel
The St. John's Hotel
The St. John's Hotel
#16 of 28 in Solihull

Been to The Regency Hotel Solihull? Share your experiences!