“What a stay!”

The Regency Hotel Solihull
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shirley
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My partner and I held our wedding day at The Regency, or The Corus as it was then known, in September 2013. The staff were amazing, the food was lovely and the whole day went without one hitch! All our guests commented on the staffs' helpful and friendly manner and those that stayed were impressed with their rooms and breakfast the following morning, no complaints were made at all. We couldn't have picked a better venue to celebrate our wedding day and cannot thank the staff there enough for all they did for us, namely Jorgen, Sam and the food and beverages manager who's name escapes me! We are hoping to return to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front can suffer with some noise from the road so light sleepers may benefit from a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn E
Bradley S, Operations Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments! It is wonderful to hear that you had such a wonderful wedding day, following your wedding the hotel has undergone a substantial refurbishment programme which has included all bedroom corridors, Restaurant and public areas. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Regency Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice enough room, had all you need for an overnight stay. Wouldn't want to stay any longer though, our toilet did not flush properly and we ended up having to try and flush water from the shower hose down it. An average location for Birmingham airport, only about a 15 minute drive away, however i don't think the hotel offers to include the taxi as a deal anymore as they tried to get us to pay again, so if you have prebooked transfer to airport, make sure you have the paper work stipulating that. Otherwise okay, didn't use the bar or food service but prices looked reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
I am glad to hear that the room was fit for purpose, I am pleased to report that following your review our Property Maintenance team have rectified the issues you experienced.
I’m sorry that there was some confusion with the taxi booking, following your comments we have ensured all pre booked taxis have been added to the guest bedroom information and this process is now working seamlessly.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Regency Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My lovely friend booked us a spa day at the Regency Hotel. We used the leisure facilities but the best part of the day was the lunch. We had a lovely 2 course lunch which was just amazing quality and very high standards and very much value for money. My compliments to the chef and the staff were so nice and welcoming.

Excellent customer service all round. Well done Claire Swift you are amazing at your job.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Bradley S, Operations Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of The Regency Hotel, It is wonderful to hear that you were so well looked after by Clair, I have personally thanked her, the Restaurant Manager and the Head Chef for making your day as enjoyable as it was.

The Regency Hotel has recently undergone a refurbishment which included all of our public area's and restaurant. I am very happy to hear that the food quality and service is of the same quality as the new décor

Please note the restaurant is open for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner for non residents 7 days a week and we would love to welcome you back to The Regency Hotel in the near future

Bradley Shough
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter bought a 'Living social' deal which was for an afternoon tea and use of the leisure facilities, for my birthday. We used the leisure facilities first which consisted of a nice sized heated pool, perfect for a few lengths, a steaming hot Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. There was also a cold plunge pool, which we did not use. There were a few plastic chairs and loungers to sit on. We were provided with fluffy towels. The pool area is fine, it probably needs a little update. The changing rooms were poor really, 2 showers and one changing room, again in need of an update but did not spoil our experience. We then went for our afternoon tea which was served in the lounge/bar which was lovely. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and very accommodating as we arrived early for our afternoon tea. The food itself was perfect. We had a lovely pot of tea along with a three tiered cake stand of food. There were smoked salmon/cream cheese, cheese/pickle and ham and mustard sandwiches, beautifully fresh. A warm scone each, clotted cream and jam (generous portions) plus a small brownie, ginger cake and a bite-sized fresh strawberry/blueberry tart. All delicious and very well presented. An excellent way to spend a birthday. The cost of the voucher was £17 for both of us which was incredibly good value for money. Many thanks to all the staff who were really lovely and the food superb.

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing The Regency Hotel for your Birthday. It is extremely pleasing to hear that the hotel lived up to your expectations, I have distributed your kind comments to all the team members concerned.

I have passed your comments regarding the leisure centre to our Property Maintenance team who are working towards updating the facilities.

Please feel free to come and enjoy our Afternoon Tea again as this is available 7 days a week in our Lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regency Hotel in the near future

Bradley Shough
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a living social leisure day. Spa/Leisure needs updating and more security. Lockers did not have locks for them so issue with safety of items. The sauna and steam room were OK. Jacuzzi made up for this. However what gets the 5** rating is the restaurant, the food, the service all excellent. Even though there were only two of us in the restaurant, it is was beautifully laid out, the service was second to none, fabulous and every other great word you can think of. The food was divine, the beef to die for, a dream. I would definitely go there for a meal alone. The price is as competitive as any other restaurant. Five ***** stars for the restaurant. Check it out if you fancy a great meal.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review The Regency Hotel, I am greatly pleased to hear that the restaurant meal and service was enjoyable, The Regency hotel has recently undergone a refurbishment in all of our public area's including the Regency Restaurant to enhance the experience our guests have, I am particularly pleased that the quality of your meal and the service you received were also of the highest quality. I have passed your kind comments to our Restaurant Manager and Head Chef who are continuously working to deliver such high standards to our guests.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Leisure facilities, We have recently employed a new Leisure Manager who is working towards improving the standard of our leisure facilities, Since your visit I am happy to report that more locks for the lockers have been purchased

Thank you again for your kind comments, We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regency Hotel in the near future

Bradley

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night midweek while I was in Solihull for work.

Check in was quick, my room was clean and spacious. I thought the bathroom looked a little dated but can't fault the cleanliness of it. I did think the room seemed a bit dark though. Didn't hear much noise.

Used the gym (free for guests) which was small but had plenty of cardio & weight machines. There is also a pool but I didn't see much of it so can't comment.

Ate my evening meal in the restaurant which was quiet, ended up having a cheese sandwich as they had no beef but it was delicious.. And some ice cream from the kids menu!

Breakfast was fine, I only had cereal and toast but there was a good continental selection plus what looked like a hot English breakfast (I didn't spot this till I'd sat down with my cereal!).

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a detailed review of your recent stay.
I am pleased to hear that your room was clean and spacious and you had an efficient check in when arriving at the Hotel. I shall pass your comments in regards to the bathroom over to the General Manager, it is great to hear that the cleanliness was of a high standard.
The Hotel does have an on-site leisure club which is free for guests and I am pleased you were able to take advantage of these facilities. The Gym is well equipped with a variety of machines, hopefully next time you will be able to use the Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi and Sauna.
The Hotel does offer a great selection of food both in the evening and morning and it is great to hear positive feedback in regards to the selection we offer.
We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Best Wishes
Amy Curtis
Sales Manager – Midlands Cluster

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Im a satisfied guest who would strongly recommend this place to business travellers. No fuss check in, check out and breakfast. The hotel now has a good feel to it, nice refurbishment. The coffee lounge is cosy and reasonably priced. Ashar the barman was someone who stood out for me with his vibrant attitude. Been here before but now is a lot improved. Well done to the new owners.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at The Regency Hotel.
The Regency Hotel is an ideal Hotel for business travellers, I am pleased to hear that you had a smooth check in and check out at the Hotel.
The Hotel has completed a huge refurbishment and it is great to hear positive comments in regards to the recent work that has taken place.
The Coffee Lounge is a great space for guests to relax and make use of the free Wi-Fi and I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of this space.
Thank you for your positive comments in regards to Ashar, I will be sure to pass these comments over to Ashar and our Operations Manager.
It is great to hear that you are happy with the positive changes that have been made and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.
Best Wishes
Amy Curtis
Sales Manager – Midlands Cluster

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirley
Ramada Birmingham Solihull
#14 of 28 in Solihull
The Oak Hotel
The Oak Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hockley Heath

Been to The Regency Hotel Solihull? Share your experiences!