“Room 101”

The Regency Hotel Solihull
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shirley
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Big stain in the bath with some ones hairs in the drain. No milk for coffee. 20 min to ve served on breakfast is poor considering was around 10 people in. Instead I've been asked 4 times for a room to make sure I have paid. Next time will be premier in just across.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sebastian B
Phil B, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review following your stay with us at The Regency hotel Solihull.

I am most disappointed to learn of your poor experience. Following your feedback I have investigated room 101 and the points you have raised within your review with the Head housekeeper and Operations Manager to ensure we do not make a repeat of the mistakes made during your stay.

Although your most recent stay left a lot to be desired I do hope you are able to visit us again in the future as this would provide us the opportunity to restore your faith in us once again as we are continuously reviewing and improving the service we offer throughout the hotel and meeting facilities.

Kindest regards

Phil Brett

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed in room 117 which was a family room on the 22/06/2014. Never again. Although the room was clean, it was basic. There was a list of faults. The beds are small so at 5ft 7" my feet went over the edge of the bed so resulted in a sleepless night as it was uncomfortable. There were no sockets by the beds. These were only situated on one side of the room. The worst was the bathroom....DANGEROUS. This needs sorting out. The shower head is situated on a wall at the end of a very small sloping bath. There was no way to turn and the water didn't cover you so you couldn't even wash your hair. I slipped trying to do this and hurt myself. It is dangerous for kids, for anyone, as it is situated in the wrong place. AVOID THIS ROOM

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank michellej66
Bradley S, Operations Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest
Following your comments, our Property Maintenance Team and housekeepers have worked to rectify the issues you had.

Please accept my apologies that your stay was not to your liking

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a nice quiet room. Hotel has a lovely swimming pool too with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Good location with plenty of restaurants nearby.

Efficient reception. Good bar area with plenty of tv screens.

1  Thank Alison J

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful review, I’m happy to hear that the bar area, Hotel Health club and bedroom were of a good standard.
I have passed all your comments over to all the team concerned
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Regency Hotel in the future

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at the Regency as part of a National Holiday trip to Gardeners world and the Good Food Show. Whilst some aspects of the hotel were a little dated (bathroom) this didn't detract from the stay which was very enjoyable. The staff were very attentive, Reception, Manager, Restaurant, Bar staff. We were made to feel very welcome and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mcdonaldkath

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful review, I’m sorry to hear that some aspects of your bathroom were a little dated. I have asked our head Housekeeper to address this where possible to ensure all of our bathrooms are modern.
I have passed all your comments over to all the team concerned
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Regency Hotel in the future

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here on Saturday as part of National Holidays trip to Good Food Show. First, let me say that this is one of the better hotels that National use. I believe the hote has recently been taken over by the Corus group. All the downstairs areas haven been refurbed and are very nice. We had a double room on the second floor and as soon as we got out of the lift the heat hit us like a furnace. The room wasn't any cooler! The window was already open but it is tiny and there is absolutely no air whatsoever. We asked for a non-smoking room which this was, however in the past it must have been a smoking room. The bathroom smelled heavily of smoke. Only one towel which as bizarrely hidden in the wardrobe. On close inspection the rooms are quite tired and dated. There was no mattress protector on the bed and we seemed to roll together when we lay down! Included in our price was a three course meal. The food and service was exceptional. Delicious chicken and a fab bottle of wine. We went to bed to watch the England match. There was a school reunion taking place and the music didn't finish until 1 am. On this occasion we didn't mind as we were watching the tv however Morrisey's bar didn't turn the music off until 3 am. This was totally unacceptable. The football finished at 1am! The room was stiflingly hot. I rang reception and asked for a an but they were all being used. Not surprising, if the others were as hot as us. Breakfast next morning was really, really lovely. Well cooked, hot and plenty of choice. All in all, a good stay but too hot and too noisy!

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review, I have passed your kind comments over to our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager, I’m sorry to hear that the Private parties booked affected your experience, We as a hotel strive to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable experience, I’m sorry once again that other parties have affected your stay.
With regard to the heat upstairs, our Property Maintenance team have purchased more fans for the bedrooms during the summer months.
I’m glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Regency Hotel in the near future
Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014

A relative had kindly booked a voucher for us to to to eat the Regency Restaurant for our 30th wedding anniversary.

I confirmed our reservation for 7:00 p.m. earlier that day. On arrival they told us they could not accommodate us as they had a party of 48 arriving for dinner until 7:30 p.m.

Only after asking what do they suggest we do for half an hour and on my suggestion were we offered a complimentary drink and that they would call us for dinner at 7:30 p.m. At 7:45 we were asked if we would like another drink and we explained the situation.

We were finally taken into the dining area around 7:50 and given a round table coffee table literally in a corner of the restaurant not big enough for a dining. We felt like we were treated like cheap guests.

The saving grace was the salmon starter however my "slate plate" was wobberley. The lamb dish my husband ordered was fine but the duck was very sweet. the waitress was attentive but walked away before we could reply if everything was ok!

I asked for the bill and we were the ONLY people left in the restaurant. We went into the courtyard after waiting for over 10 minutes for the bill. Sat there for at least another 10 minutes (even the waitress had come out) and gave up (for the 1 glass of extra wine).

Very disappointed with the service. We are local residents and would love to give business locally. I don't know how much was paid for the voucher but we certainly feel that whatever was paid was not what was expected, but don't wish to let our sponsor know.

1  Thank Hersha R

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I apologise that your dinner was not to the expected standard.
I understand that our Restaurant Manager has been in contact with you regarding this. You have my personal assurance that your next experience with us will be a more enjoyable one.
Thank you again for taking the time to review your experience

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My brother David and his fiancee Debbie went to several venues before deciding on The Regency for there wedding, simply because of the warm and friendly welcome they received on arrival there professionalism and attention to detail.My party arrived the day before and found the staff very friendly and accommodating, rooms were clean and comfortable and well equipped. On there big day nothing was to much trouble ,staff were smart and reliable and everything ran smoothly.Food was of a good quality and hot which makes a pleasant change.staff were unobtrusive and there when required, professionally directed by Bradley and Craig and also Kiya. I would recommend this venue highly, not just for functions but also overnight stays . Believe me i have stayed in much more expensive hotels and been very disappointed.So thank you to all the staff for making their day extra special..Best man Paul.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Paul
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and the team. I’m very happy to hear that your brother and Sister in law had such a fantastic day and overall experience.
Your comments have been distributed to all the team members involved throughout your experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirley
Ramada Birmingham Solihull
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
The St. John's Hotel
The St. John's Hotel
#14 of 28 in Solihull

Been to The Regency Hotel Solihull? Share your experiences!