“Very Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shirley
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My sister and I spent one night at the Regency last week on a deal. We were very impressed by the room and the friendly staff. We were welcomed by Amy, who was very helpful. We caught the bus into Solihull, which runs along the road in front of the hotel. The food was very nice, at dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Phil B, General Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We work hard on ensuring we provide a high standard of customer service throughout all areas of the hotel including the restaurant, coffee lounge, meeting rooms and wedding and event facilities.

I am delighted you enjoyed your accommodation, the food and the service and were able to visit Solihull. The Regency Hotel Solihull is also ideally located close to the NEC, Birmingham International Airport and the historic towns of Warwick and Stratford upon Avon all of which are close by.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Regency Hotel Solihull once again in the future.

Phil Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We parked our car at this hotel whilst we went on holiday for two weeks. The hotel was easy to find and there were plenty of parking spaces. Once your car is parked, that is where it stays! You don't have to leave your keys and the car is not moved which was great.
The hotel ordered us a taxi to the airport which arrived quickly and it cost about £15 each way for a family of 4.
On our return, the hotel staff were expecting us and they were helpful and friendly.
Our room was spacious and clean and the beds were comfy.
In the morning we decided we would like to have breakfast and we were able to pay at the Reception even though we hadn't booked this when we booked the hotel. I am so glad we did! The breakfast was great value and there was a huge choice of food to choose from. The staff were once again very friendly, chatty and helpful.
We thought that the hotel was really good value and we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The whole team are delighted to receive such positive comments.

I am glad you enjoyed the friendly service, the standard of your accommodation and the quality of our breakfast. We have worked very hard to improve the standard of our breakfast recently along with the standards of our bedrooms and service so it is fantastic to receive such positive feedback.

Once again, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and we do hope you are able to visit us again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Am a regular user of this Hotel (3rd time). Heartening to witness the Hotel having transformed from a shabby and non guest centric property to one that is now focussed wholly on the guest's experience and needs. Right from the point of placing my enquiry to actually using the meetings/events space - the entire experience was non cumbersome and professional as one would expect from a quality establishment. Well done to Laura and Peter who were very helpful. I look forward to using other Corus properties based on my positive experiences thus far at this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent visit.

I am delighted to hear that you are a regular guest of the hotel and have noticed the hard work put the team have put in to increase the standards of our products and services. Both Peter and Laura will be pleased to hear your comments regarding the service they offered during your stay.

As I am sure you are aware, the hotel has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment of all public areas, meetings and event facilities, restaurant and coffee lounge. This combined with the focus to increase customer service makes the Regency Hotel Solihull the ideal Wedding venue or meeting and conference destination.

Located close to The NEC, Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham City Centre and the historic towns of Warwick and Stratford upon Avon also makes the Regency Hotel Solihul the ideal weekend getaway.

Once again, Thank you for providing your feedback and I look forward to welcome you back to The Regency Hotel Solihull once again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here and had my wedding here. I can not fault the hotel staff or hotel itself. We had an amazing day that ran smoothly thanks to all the staff there. They could not do enough to help you in anyway. The food was amazing as well everyone complimented the food. Kiya is an amazing wedding planner and would recommend anyone having a wedding coming up to seriously consider the regency,they have some amazing deals on too. If I had one issue it was that there was no air con in the room and could barely sleep because of the heat. But it was truly a wonderful place to stay and have our wedding.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dear Mrs Payne,

Firstly, congratulations!

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on Trip Advisor following your wedding.

We were delighted to host your big day and my team and I are so pleased you enjoyed the day.

I have passed on your comments regarding the food and service to our Head Chef and Operations Manager. Kiya is so pleased to hear that she is an amazing wedding planner!

As you know, The Regency Hotel Solihull is the perfect wedding venue with recently refurbished meeting and event facilities, 111 bedrooms, swimming pool, gym and a modern restaurant.

Once again, I am delighted you had a wonderful day, I do hope we are able to welcome you back to The Regency Hotel Solihull once again.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and I wish both you and your new husband all the best for the future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding. Given a ground floor room with a little patio which was perfect since was somewhere for us to escape to while our baby settled to sleep. Room was clean and towels big. Free entry to leisure centre meant we could swim next morning. Breakfast buffet nice but did have to ask for quite a few things rather than anything happening on initiative. All staff friendly but maybe not always coordinated as to what was going on. Would def consider staying again if in area.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with Trip Advisor and providing us with your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay while attending a wedding. The Regency Hotel Solihull is an ideal wedding venue and it is important that guests attending a wedding enjoy all aspects the hotel including our bedrooms, leisure club, restaurant and coffee lounge.

I have passed on your comments regarding breakfast to our Restaurant Manager. We have worked hard over the past couple of weeks to improve the offering and standard of service during breakfast. I am sure you will notice the improvement if you visit us again!

Once again, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with Trip Advisor and I hope to welcome you to The Regency Hotel Solihull once again in the future.

Gunnislake, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Apart from one or two of the staff there isn't a lot positive I could write about this hotel

We had a so-called 'executive' room and paid extra for the privilege....

the privilege of bedside lights that didn't work......

...the privilege of bathroom extractor fan not working either.

One lift in the part we stayed in - and that seemed to be forever to be free

Overpriced food and not a wide choice - even the snacks were limited and expensive for what they were. 2 sandwiches and 2 soft drinks £20....

Driven past this place loads of times while I lived in the Midlands wondering what it was like. Now I know and I won't be back

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I am very sorry and disappointed to learn of your poor experience.

Although I am pleased to hear that our team members were the highlight of your stay, I am concerned that the standard of the bedroom and evening meal did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide a consistently high standard of service and good value for money throughout the whole hotel including our conference and event facilities, gym, leisure club and our restaurant and bars. However, on this occasion I am sorry that we failed to deliver this during your stay.

I have shared your comments with our Head Housekeeper and Operations manager to ensure we rectify the issues you have kindly highlighted.

Although your recent stay left much to be desired, I do hope you are able to visit us again in the future which would provide us the opportunity to restore your faith in us once again. should this be of an interest to you then please do contact me personally.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I do hope we can welcome you to The Regency hotel again in the future.

Kindest regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Used the Regency again because of it's close proximity to the conference venue. It is also a good place to stay for other reasons.
The room i got was clean neat and tidy..No problems but it was a little hot ,with the weather we are having i am not suprised.I might add that at some stage the hotel is going to have to spend a bit of money on the rooms. new girl at reception from last time.german i think, Sarah,she was great.

made use of the bar and as usual the service was slick and professional,was nice that all i asked for was avaliable.AND COLD.
Did nit make use of the restaurant exept for breakfast.It was great,all the produce was fresh and well prepared and my pet hate cold coffee, well my coffee was so hot i had to give it a few mins to cool off ,but that is how it should be.
The G.M. and his team must be doiong something right because i believe it is just gettin better and better.

It is never going to be a 5 star classic,but home from home it is and i think it is great

Room Tip: Room away from hotel conference venues if possible
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bradley S, Operations Manager at The Regency Hotel Solihull, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor, I’m glad that you had an enjoyable stay. As you suggested, we have having extremely warm weather currently however I do apologise that your room was hotter than would have been ideal. Thank you for your feedback regarding our team, I will pass these comments over to the relevant team members, I am especially happy to hear that you were served hot coffee in the lounge following your last visit, we have improved our coffee offering over the last few months and I am happy to hear that you are enjoying it.
The Regency is not only conveniently situated for conferences and motorway links but also close to Solihull and Birmingham city centres and numerous transport links.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Regency Hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards
Bradley Shough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirley
Ramada Birmingham Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#9 of 25 in Solihull
Premier Inn Solihull (Shirley) Hotel
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to The Regency Hotel Solihull? Share your experiences!