“Great staff, sleep and breakfast”

Premier Inn Solihull (Shirley) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Shirley
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Great value hotel. Staff on reception and at breakfast very friendly. Rooms were standard for premier inn, clean and comfy. Only downside was the evening meal in hotel restaurant. Very poor, I had steak pie, which was mostly soggy, heavy pastry and packet gravy. Not pleasant .

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here courtesy of my husbands employer
Joy on reception is an absolute diamond very helpful and friendly. Room Clean and comfortable local shops in very short walking distance
This Premier lnn is attached to The Saracens Head pub meals here are lreasonably priced bit off a wait for them but edible

We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I were visiting family in the area and stayed here for 2 nights this week. The welcome was very friendly and the Hotel had recently been freshened up. Our room was a typical Premier Inn room with an extra bed added so that our Granddaughter could spend a night with us. This was included in the price. The bathroom appeared to be updated and the shower was very good.
Reception staff were very pleasant and if we can get a similar financial deal again we will choose this particular Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann N
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had booked in for a two night stay, as we were attending a concert at the LG arena. On arrival, we were allocated our room, however on checking out our room, noticed that the shower door had broken. This was reported to the reception and we were quickly offered another room. There was another small issue, where I had to ask for another towel, but once again this was remedied quickly and courteously. The reception staff were brilliant, always a friendly smile, and they were happy to help at any time. The standard of the hotel was generally good, beds were very comfortable, with a choice of pillows. Extremely good value for money at £29 per night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Easy to find and ideal for an overnight stay before going to the Airport, was your usual Premier Inn standard, the rear entrance from the car park was ideal when carrying cases although the carpets did look worn the rest of the hotel was in good condition.
No noise and the lady on reception was excellent and friendly

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveCardiff1970
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Now I paid £29.00 for my room so I wasn't expecting much and we all know with a Premier Inn it's the ridiculously comfy bed that's the deal breaker...it didn't disappoint.
Friendly welcome by staff, yes the entrance is a bit shabby but they are working on it, the scent of fresh paint was in the air.
My room was spacious, clean and cost £29.00!
My only negative was the noise at night in the corridor. If they could soundproof that better it would have been perfect. Yes you do gave nicer Premier Inns but this was OK for a night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was unable to complete my night's sleep on my first night being wakened first by snoring from next door then talking. My third night was much worse being wakened at 2 am by someone entering next door and talking loudly, playing music and hand clapping until 2.50 when they left only to wake me again at 4 when they returned. I complained to reception who told them to keep the noise down but they continued to talk until 5.10 when one of them left. I was wakened again at 6 when the last occupant left.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Duncan M
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Solihull (Shirley) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shirley
Village Hotel Solihull
#13 of 28 in Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#7 of 28 in Solihull
The St. John's Hotel
#14 of 28 in Solihull
Ladywood
Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Solihull (Shirley) Hotel? Share your experiences!