“Comfortable & Neat place”
Review of Rose Valley House

Rose Valley House
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Cavusin
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Comfortable & Neat place”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had gone from Delhi & our Hotel at Istanbul was not good but our stay at Rose valley was very good the staff & the owner were there all the time to give personal touch.
It was very neat & kept very well. The breakfast on the top with very good view was a good experience.

Room Tip: If you are looking for quiet & neat place than Rose Valley is the right place.Can go on long wal...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Neerugill
R0seValleyH0use, Owner at Rose Valley House, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear guest,
thank you so much for your kind review. you know where we are,always welcome in anytime.
we are very happy that you like staying our hotel at Rose Valley House.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Staying in cavusin is about 3km away from main tourist are goreme but in no way a problem I think I preferred staying out here. Hotel staff are very friendly and give excellent advice etc on tours In the area and will help get a great price. We walked into town a few times but staff are more than happy to drive you in when required. Would highly recommend staying here if you come to Cappadocia very peaceful place with excellent clean rooms and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Ricquest
R0seValleyH0use, Owner at Rose Valley House, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear guest thank you so much for your review. i hope you enjoy your travel while you are in turkey.
You know where we are. No matter where you are we will always drive :)
thanks again for your kind review again. wish to see you again at Rose Valley House.

Best Regards
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Located in a quiet village this was an excellent place to get a feel for village life and Turkish people. Staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was excellent - very spacious, clean, quiet and with an enormous bathroom. This was the best hotel room in our Turkey visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lyndall S
R0seValleyH0use, Owner at Rose Valley House, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
First of all thanks for your review,hope you enjoyed your trip in turkey. you know where we are always welcome in any time.

Warmest Regards
Porto
Reviewed 7 April 2013

POSITIVE
- Located in Cavusin, which is only 3 km away from Goreme (the main touristic town around this area) but very quiet and relaxed (looks and feels like a real village, unlike Goreme which is a bit of a touristic circus); there are quite a few walks with interesting rock formations around Cavusin (and that can keep you busy and happy for a day).
- The hotel is new (opened very recently). Since there was no one else at the time at the hotel (low season) we were upgraded (for free) to the main suite (deluxe room) which was quite big (the bathroom was actually bigger than the room itself with a jaccuzi tub in it). The room was clean and cozy. The other rooms appeared to be nice and comfortable as well.
- The manager and staff are very friendly and helpful. They will help with what you need (even planning your days) without being pushy about anything at all. They can drive you to (and pick you up from) Goreme whenever you need (since there are not many restaurants or shops in Cavusin).
- Breakfast, although a bit repetitive is very good and fresh. The view from the breakfast terrace was great.
- They can arrange balloon travel or bike / motorbike rentals; as well as tours and excursions. They come out cheaper than going directly to the actual companies (but maybe this is the case if you arrange this stuff from any hotel in the area; cannot confirm).

NEGATIVE
- Internet was ok throughout the hotel but not on the deluxe room (the signal was low and the connection was not stable).
- It’s located in front of a mosque; which means that you’ll be awaken up by the 5:30 AM prayer everyday. But I guess you get used to it quickly and sleep it off.

In conclusion, it’s a great place to stay in the Cappadocia region, close enough to Goreme which you can use as a base for your excursions into the region; but far enough to be in a quiet and relaxed place. The manager and staff are kind and helpful which will make your stay in the region easier and above all more pleasant.

TIPS: Arrange with the hotel to pick you up from the airport – it will be cheaper (and more comfortable) than taking a taxi or arranging your travel at the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mute_suds
Thank you for review,always welcome.

Best Wishes...
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband. It was our first visit to Cappadocia but we had heard a lot of rumors about hotel owners and staff who might disturb tourists over there. So we did not want to stay at such places. We ended up with Cavusin which sounded quieter. Rose Valley house looked like a little castle in photos. It was newly built, so I thought it must be neat and clean, which I think much of. Our decision turned to be absolutely right. The hotel was comfortable and we could feel at home. You know, you hang around all day long in Cappadocia and feel exhausted at the end of a day. It is imoportant to be relaxed at night. The hotel owner and the staff was kind and always ready to help us. But they never run over the limit line, I mean, they support you with all heart if you want help but do not bother you. We asked the owner about our plan after Cappadocia later on and he gave us precise advice which could help us much. We could also enjoy the suplendid views of Cappadocia with extraordinary rocky shapes form the terrace of hotel. Me and my husband watched beautiful sun down which was the best scene.

Room Tip: There is a room with hamam. You can be realxed in a bath.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sandrank
R0seValleyH0use, Owner at Rose Valley House, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for your kind review. As a new establishment, this means so much to us. We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us, as much as we had enjoyed hosting you and your husband on your first visit to Cappadocia, which we hope is only the first of many more visits to beautiful Cappadocia. We look forward to serving you again in your next trip. Wishing you best of health and happiness always. Our most sincere thanks once again for choosing Rose Valley House. Vielen Dank! :)
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed at Rose Valley House for 2 nights in February. As this was off season it was relatively quiet but worked out great as I received a free room upgrade which is rare these days. From the moment I arrived was made to feel very welcome by Adnan (owner/manager), so much so that we chatted for quite a while and he gave me some very useful information about the area and Turkey in general.

The hotel is basically new which is always a positive and the room was immaculate, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was huge. The breakfast was better quality than I received anywhere else in Turkey and the service was great from the friendly staff.

The location is in a quieter area which is a positive because the sheer number of tourists (even in the off-season) is staggering. Some tourist attractions are within walking distance and the other notable ones are only a short drive away. Hot air ballooning is definitely recommended and most activities can be organised or assisted with directly from the hotel.

All in all I couldn't fault my stay here, would stay here again and have already recommended it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Lachlan M
Many thanks for your review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest here at Rose Valley House, and we’re glad to be of service to you during your stay in Cavusin. Also, thank you for recommending us to your friend. We look forward to welcoming him/her in the near future, and of course, you too :) All the best and warmest regards.
KUL
Reviewed 20 October 2012

As work brings me back again to Istanbul, I decided to nip down for a few days to Cappadocia for a short break before flying home. As I have been to and stayed in Goreme before, I decided to try somewhere a little less 'touristy' this time and my search landed me at Rose Valley House. I was apprehensive at first because there wasn't any review of the hotel anywhere (I found out later that Rose Valley was only opened to public the week before I arrived! no wonder!).
The hotel, being new, is very clean and everything works the way it should. The bed and pillows were comfortable, clean and fresh, and the toilet is great! These are my 2 top criteria for rooms when I stay at hotels: bedding - must be clean (+ not smelly) and comfortable & the toilet - must be spotless and not iffy looking. Oh and FREE wifi internet is always a BIG THUMBS-UP!
Breakfast was a satisfying local turkish fare with bread, an assortment of olives, tomatoes & cucumber and yummy turkish omelet cooked with slices of local sausage that looked like chorizo (but which they assured me was halal- not that I doubted. This was Turkey after all). Breakfast was served up on the rooftop terrace of the hotel, with a pretty cool view of the Cavusin Valley.
The hotel is near the old Cavusin Village, so on my first day after checking-in, I just stayed in Cavusin village, exploring my surroundings armed with a bottle of water and some biscuits I bought at the local store opposite the hotel, and my trusted DSLR. Cappadocia is an AMAZING place for photography - on the ground and from way up high on a hot air balloon. The last time I was on a hot air balloon in Cappadocia a couple of years back (which was incidentally my first time ever on a hot air balloon), I only had with me a small camera, which didn't do justice to the amazing sights, and even then, battery was flat half way because I forgot to charge it the night before!). So this time I came prepared with a fully charged DSLR and with an 8GB card! :)
I booked the hot air balloon (and a couple of other tours) with the manager and went on the balloon flight on my second day there. Since I have to get up early for the balloon flight, I booked a wake-up call with the Reception and they promptly called first at 4.30am (as I had requested, altough I realised albeit belatedly that 4.30 was way too early), then knocked on my door 30 minutes later when I haven't yet emerged from my room. How's that for service? Excellent!
To summarise: The plus points of the hotel - its new, its very clean, comfy beds, nice bathroom, the hotel staff are helpful, friendly and very informative, there's free wifi, breakfast was satisfying, dinner was good too, lovely view from the rooftop terrace, its situated in a nice,quiet, laid back village which is not overrun with tourists, there's a local store opposite the hotel where you can buy drinks, snacks, etc. The negative - well, not so much as a negative but while I appreciate that this may be the traditional way here and the bare walls give it a rustic look suitable for rustic Cappadocia, but perhaps a coat of white paint on the walls of the property and inside the rooms would make this beautiful hotel even more beautiful and refined befitting its amazing surrounding and beautiful name. Just an opinion...
And would I come back again and/or recommend to a friend? Absolutely!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Izzy7544
Greetings from Cavusin! We really appreciate you taking your time to write this wonderful review. It means a lot to us, especially coming from our first ever guest! We’re glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and for your kind feedback. We hope to see you should work brings you to Turkey once again – or perhaps a holiday with family/friends? It will be our pleasure to welcome you and your family and friends to Rose Valley House! Warmest regards & Terima Kasih! :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavusin
Phocas Cave Suites
Goreme Inn Hotel
#3 of 76 in Goreme
Doubletree by Hilton Avanos Cappadocia
Riverside Mansion Hotel

Been to Rose Valley House? Share your experiences!