“Be Pampered in Cottage Country!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rosseau
Rosseau's Northern Landing Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Rosseau B&B and Inns
Neuilly-sur-Seine,France
“Be Pampered in Cottage Country!”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

What a pleasure to stay at Rosseau's Northern Landing Bed and Breakfast! We were able to relax between visits all over the lake with family and friends and still have a few moments on the dock, or on the porch or in our lovely cool room to just relax and catch our breath! Sheila has truly done a lovely job! The house is big and airy. The bedroom was clean, beautifully decorated and comfortable. The atmosphere both welcoming and relaxed and Sheila's healthy, wonderful breakfast has set a new standard in our family! "This is NOT a Sheila breakfast" became our refrain for the rest of our Canadian holiday! Both Sheila and her husband Peter were very gracious in helping us to organise our busy Muskoka visting schedule and even extended offers of Boat rides or car rides to help us! We have most definitely found the most relaxing way to do the summer Muskoka visit! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claire S

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My wife and I travel quite frequently and have always stayed at resorts or 4-5 star hotels. When I was researching accommodations in Rosseau Lake there really wasn’t anything in town. I fell upon a Trip Advisor review about Northern Landing B&B and decided to go on their website to see exactly what a B&B had to offer. The pictures on the site looked really nice and the home backed onto a river that was very close to the river-mouth to Rosseau Lake.

Being the adventurous type I decided to book the room and surprise my wife. She fly’s all over the world and would never expect me to book a B&B. Since it was going to be a short stay as we were commuting from the Toronto area to pick up our daughter at the Muskoka Woods Resort the next morning it seemed it made the best Geographical sense.

We arrived and I must admit although the website pictures were exactly what we observed when we were being toured around the property, we felt a bit awkward as it was someone’s home not like the typical hotel, if you know what I mean.

The room was really nicely decorated. I found out later that the Host was in the decorating business for many years before she opened Northern Landing and it really showed thought the house. Our room had its own air conditioning, was very spacious and had an on-suite bathroom, which I should mention, was very clean. Clean bathrooms are a big deal for me and especially my wife.

After getting our bags to our room we went out into the yard and started to understand why so many people will only resort to B&B's when they travel. The Host and her husband were very accommodating. We had a little snack on the back yard deck then just relaxed on loungers in the lush yard. It was very quiet and peaceful. We went for a swim in the river. The water was perfectly clear and warm.

The Host (Sheila) and her husband (Peter) were most accommodating they took us and another couple staying in the B&B for a boat ride to a local beach/park were we enjoyed a little wine, we saw some pretty spectacular houses, including Kurt Russell's and Goldie cottage/mansion.

We went into the Town of Rosseau for a beautiful dinner that night at Crossroads. That was a short walk or 1 minute drive. The food was top notch.

When we got back from dinner they had a nice little fire for us at the outdoor fire pit. My wife had forgotten to bring a sweater and the Host let her borrow one of hers as the night was a bit brisk.

The next morning we were greeted with a breakfast that totally superseded my expectations. Sheila made everything fresh; you could smell the baked good coming down the stairs. It felt like we never stopped eating. We had fresh coffee, fresh fruit in a cup, eggs Benedict, stuffed portabella mushrooms and some other dainty things that I can’t remember but were delicious.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised with this B&B. I have nothing to compare it to as I have never been to one before but what I can say is that I will be booking this place every year as long as my daughter is going to the Muskoka Camp in Rosseau. It really broke up the three hour drive to and three hours back from Rosseau Lake for dropping off our daughter. I’m looking at it as a treat for my wife and me. One that I can look forward to every year.

One more thing... 30% of our satisfaction was the hospitality/service and personal treatment that we received from Sheila and Peter. They didn’t know us from Adam and made us feel at home almost immediately. Thumbs up on this one, especially if you haven’t experienced a B&B before. It was worth the risk and very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeannesDavid
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This was our second trip to lake Muskoka area. The previous time we stayed at a B&B at Huntsville. We found this B&B on Muskoka B&B Association website. We picked this B&B due to its location (right by the shadow river and very close to lake Rosseau), reasonable price and excellent reviews and menu on their website. I am so glad that we stayed here. This B&B is better than the Huntsville B&B that we stayed at previously, which was rated number 1 on Tripadvisor. In fact, the beautiful setting of the B&B and the wonderful 3 course breakfast prepared by Sheila exceeded our expectation! 6 of us booked a guest room and the dorm room. The guest room (Robin room) is the smallest room of the 3 guests rooms but it has a balcony which overlooks the river and lake. The rest of us stayed in the self-contained dorm room, which is less atttrative compared to the guests rooms but comes with a kitchen, outdoor bbq grill and a patio (more suitable for families). All rooms have attached bathroom. We brought food and had a lovely bbq dinner one of the evenings.

The entire house is very well maintained and nicely decorated with a lot of attention to details. Sheila is a wonderful host. Of the two days that we stayed there, she prepared bountiful and delicious breakfast. For the main dishes, we had freshly baked muffin, scrambled egg with spinach, sautéed potato, bacon etc on the first day; on the second day we had fresh fruit cocktail, freshly baked scone, cheese omelette and decadent French toast. What a feast! The breakfast was so filling that we skipped lunch. One can either have breakfast in the beautiful dining room or at the outdoor veranda.

The other highlight of our stay was a boat ride offered by the B&B. They have a new boat which is spacious very comfy. Sheila's daughter Sarah kindly took us for an one hour boat ride on lake Rosseau. The scenery was breathtaking. We just contributed the petrol cost. It is definitely a better deal than those commercial cruises.

About the nearby attractions: the Rosseau village is a nice laid back village with a few lovely antique/craft shops and cafes/restaurants. It's just a short walk from the B&B.

I would highly recommend this B&B to all those looking for a weekend getaway in Muskoka lake region.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank CheongChing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosseau
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
#3 of 19 in Parry Sound
Super 8 Parry Sound
Super 8 Parry Sound
#12 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to Rosseau's Northern Landing Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!