I've never written a review before but have decided to do so for 3 reasons:
1. Lovely hotel with a great atmosphere, nice food, small rooms but no interconnecting rooms. A pain when you are trying to get your three children and yourself ready for skiing in the morning. That the positives out of the way - There was a terrible smelling toilet in our room! Complained 3 times to the hotel but they never resolved the problem.
2. Be very careful about baggage. Club Med never told us of baggage limit of 1 bag per person, and it wasn't on any paperwork. We landed up having to pay about £150 in baggage costs for our ski boots. Not impressed as we didn't actually have big suitcases and in total our baggage weight was less that the total allowed!! If we had known in advance we would have packed differently. We have tried resolving the problem with Club Med but they don't want to reimburse us for that additional cost. While it may be trivial, I am at the point of putting them in the small claims court as they are being big headed about our complaint. I have never personally taken anyone to court before, however, I have through my business and I am quite confident that a judge would rule in our favour.
3. Serre - Chevalier has lovely skiing but getting up the mountain was time consuming and very frustrating. The ski back to the hotel at lunch times and at the end of lessons was a pain.
All in all we enjoyed the holiday but will think twice of booking with clubmed again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort of Serre-Chevalier is home to the Village, designed as a large hamlet of about fifteen chalets. Its typical rooftops and facades in wood and stone, is in total harmony with the decor. Inside, the spaciousness and warm decoration of the lounges in the style of family rooms create a holiday location. Everyone can thoroughly devote themselves to their favourite activities, whether in the Snow Garden, on the slopes of the ski domain, in the indoor swimming pool or in the Club Med Spa*. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Serre-Chevalier Hotel
- Briançon Club Med
- Club Med Briancon