3,005 results
All reviewsski lessonsskiing holidayserre chevalierski groupchef de villageoystersboot roomat lunchtimeoff pisteyoung childrenfantastic holidayspecial thanksall agesindoor poolhalf termfull capacityfoie gras
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Seven days of pure relaxation.
Travel with my wife, one 8 year old child and a seven month baby and was still relaxing ☺.
Hotel has everything that you could need or want. The staff was above friendly and really made us feel welcome.
A lot of guests the hotel is really big, learn that it can take 1200 guests!! And it feels like you are with that many people, kids are always running around.
First day I was shocked when I dropped my kid for the ski, my God dozens of kids running around getting equipped and preparing for the ski lessons, second day I realized its organized chaos. The staff runs all things with extreme careful and experience. All runs like clockwork.
Not for you if you don't like confusion and people.
Baby club and mini club were the best for the children. Ski lessons every morning for the oldest made his and our days.
Adult and child activities (night and day ) are always present and its difficult to get bored.
Food food and food, simply great to gain some weight.
Ski is good and the slopes were created for families, great for learning with very easy pistes, place and landscape is beautiful.
The down side of the ski is the button lifts they are very very long and since it can only take one skier at a time the queues are huge, it deserves some chair lifts or gondolas.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JAtrip
Club Med Ψ, Responsable relations clients at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Hello "JAtrip",

Thank you for choosing Serre-Chevalier for your holidays,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay !

We hope to see you again for a new Club Med experience,

Your Club Med Team.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Great experience club med - total holiday package and very good value for money - the lessons were great and my 5 year old son had the time of his life. My daughter not quite the same experience as despite being 3 weeks off 3 she wasn't allowed to ski and ended up in group with no other English children. She cried at night as no one talked to her and said she was with the babies, I don't doubt the staff weren't good but it would of be good if our fears had requests for her to move up to the next group had have been met with some common sense. The situation resolved itself by my daughter catching a vomiting bug for the last 3 days so she couldn't go anyway.
My inlaws that we went woth loved it so much they are already looking at next year and overall it was a very positive experience. The food was incredible.
I might wait a few years for another club med experience when my youngest is older and can join the clubs with her brother. It is a hetic hotel but the staff all seem excellent friendly and helpful. It is very very French which is nice to be abroad and feel abroad however like my daughter I was the only one in my ski group non French speaking so I did miss out on some of the instruction and lift chats were not as easy. Overall though I don't think you could go here and fail to have a good time.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the restaurant
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Club Med Ψ, Responsable relations clients at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Hello "MollieLa",

Its a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Serre Chevalier.

We are sorry to read that the language has been a problem during your stay. We hope your daughter keep a good memory of her stay with us.

See you soon for a new Club Med experience !

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We went for a weeks skiing to club med in Serre Chevalier for a change of scenery. We are used to 4 trident or 5 trident, so 3 trident was a bit of a risk.
The rooms were great, much better than Val d I'serre, they were family rooms, split in half with 2 singles in one and a double in the other, so we virtually had our own rooms as two were sharing per room.
Food was more limited, but i enjoyed it more than some of the fancy stuff at higher trident hotels. When i come back from a days skiing, i want calories, not nouve cussine.
Bar was pleasant, but a dreadful lack of seats
Great sun terrace, we had lunch on the terrace every day.
Great thanx to kris who looked after us in the restaurant, and always made sure the was a table ready for us, we tended to go up late once the kids had finished eating.
Mentioning Kids, this is a family hotel, if they upset you, don't go
Now the only down side.
Smoking
Customers and staff were permitted to smoke on the terrace and would access the terrace by 3 doors from the bar. i think the hotel has a negative air conditioning system, not sure of the correct word, the result is that when a door is opened the air is drawn in from outside.
Result the smokers are huddled to geather out side, the door is opened, and the smoke is drawn in, it stank.
Also as we all know smokers have no consideration for there disgusting habit on normal people, and they would stand with the doors open talking to their work collegues outside, while a cold blast of stinking smoke was being drawn inside. Worse still they got upset when you asked them to go outside or close the door
A proper designated smoking place away from the doors needs to be created.
Apart from that
Great Holiday Club Med

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike M
Club Med Ψ, Responsable relations clients at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Hello Mike,

Its a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Serre Chevalier.

Thank you for your kind comments and for your feedback, we will transmit it to improve our services.

See you soon for a new Club Med experience !

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Have been using Club Med for both winter and summer holidays for over 15 years, the skiing holidays were always enjoyable year after year. Ski instructor was professional and full of mountain knowledge, food quality remains good even though the choice was not as much as before, but still you have far more selections in every section than any other ski operators. Deluxe room was comfortable and spacious. The whole experience of Club Med's skiing holiday can be described in 2 words: hassle free!
Serre-Chevalier is a family friendly resort so babies and toddlers were everywhere so think twice if you prefer a quiet holiday with only teens and adults. The slopes were perfect for intermediate and advance level, beginner may find the slopes challenging. However, the town is boring with very few shops and it was about 15 mins walk distance from Club Med, nevertheless, It is fine if you are not keen to shop around or try restaurants outside. Overall, we think it's a nice resort worth trying.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Hi happypoppymetilda,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Serre-Chevalier.

Thank you for your kind comments.

We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2017

This was my 4th year staying at Club Med for a skiing holiday. It is perfect for a group of friends.

Club Med are always on the ground to welcome you at the destination airport and get you onto the right transport. Once you reach the resort you are given a warm welcome by the team - and Serre Chevalier was no exception.

I arrived early afternoon on the Sunday and the check-in procedure was quick and easy and my bag taken to my room for me. The room was on this occasion a deluxe room, and it was comfortable with plenty of space. The shower worked well as did the TV. There was a small balcony but no chairs.

The bar area had comfortable seating, although it wasn't always easy to find a seat, or one that wasn't in a childs playing radius. Drinks were fine, and the service in the bar and across the entire site was excellent - always a big plus of my Club Med experiences.

The restaurant had plenty of space, and the food was very good - not easy when serving so many people.

Ski lessons are included and our instructor was excellent - we were lucky to have amazing weather and lots of snow which added to the experience.

The Club Med is on the slopes so easy to ski in and out. The only real minus was the boot-room which was too hot, too crowded and had too few benches to sit down for taking boots off etc.

That apart it was another excellent Club Med experience for me and I am happy to recommend - great for groups or families in particular.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
Club Med Ψ, Responsable relations clients at Club Med Serre-Chevalier, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Hi "sussexmouette"

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Club Med Serre Chevalier.

See you soon for a new Club Med experiment !