“Great location, good food”
Review of Laitakarin Messi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Laitakarin Messi
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Luvia
Vaasa, Finland
“Great location, good food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We truly enjoyed our fish and the beautiful scene. The sun was shining and we sat outside on the terrace.

Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
Pori, Finland
“Great premises, poor consistancy”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This restaurant is at the edge of the sea front, just meters from the water with open terrace facing the boats and ships afloat in their dock. Lovely little islands with summer cottages and saunas surrounded by the sea is the idyllic scenery you see from the restaurant's windows. The settings for a great restaurants are there what comes to the view and the lovely building itself. Many of the customers come by boat or by motorcycles just to take in the atmosphere.

The problems of this restaurant are the food and service. Many of our visits have failed totally in both categories, a few times both have been executed perfectly and most of the time one has been good and the other disappointing.

On Sundays in the summer they serve a buffet table of mostly fish dishes. For more informal dining there is a selection of fast food grill items (french fries with sausages and so on) and also they have an a la carte -menu. During the years I have been going there I have tried out most of the dishes. I had my best beef fillet steak of my life there and the next time the food was inedibly bad.

The same is with service. Never have I seen the same waitress twice, so I believe the staff changes so often that when someone has learned the house routines, they are allready placed by someone new. This is not good if you try to maintain some standards.

Last time I was there it took more than 15 minutes for them to take our order. Nobody came to the table after giving us the menu (yes, one menu for 2 persons to share) even to ask for the drinks order. When we were just about to leave, the waitress came and told us nearly anything on the menu was awailable, they were sold out or something. And there were only about six other customers. And the menu is extremely short anyways, so from the couple of choices we had left we took the beef entrecote. It took a good half an hour for the food to come, but this time it was worth it. It was excellent! I wish it could be even close to that good every time. Then I could honestly give a better rating.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MaggieRaven

Been to Laitakarin Messi? Share your experiences!